Spectraflex cables

NaturalBornBoy

• Members

How many of you use them?

As far as I know, Spectraflex cables are middle of the line cables just like DiMarzio, Whirlwind and Planet Waves right?

My bro-in-law wants to order some from the US but gat damn are they pricey :eek:

I can get PW cables for much cheaper locally but he swears that Spectraflex are not mid-line cables are they're supposedly outsanding :confused:

Thoughts?

• Members

Spectraflex took a lot of noise out of my setup, and are uber sturdy (love braided cables).

I disagree on "sound" wise. They're not some special sauce magic cables, but I've had all kinds of problems (and specifically with PW) developing noise at one point or another. Spectraflex have served me now for years without a problem.

• Members

i've had the same spectraflex cable for 10+ years, and it's never given me trouble.

+1, I've got 4 of them, had them since the later 90's, zero problems. They've been rolled over, walked on, had beer and other unidentified liquids spilled on them, etc. The only problem I ever had was with my 5th one: Someone stole it about 6 years ago. :lol:

Comparing them against a Mogami Gold of similar length, I can't hear any difference going straight from guitar to amp.

• Members

Yeah from all the research I've done online, it seems like Spectraflex cables will outlive you
:lol:

Soundwise though, I'll bet that they don't sound any better than PW's, DiMarzio's or Whirlwinds.

Well I should correct myself. I don't really believe cables sound all that much different from one another. For me, sound quality is basically an issue of noise.

So yeah, the Spectraflex stuff, in my experience, is something you spend a little more upfront on so that you virtually never think about cables again.

• Members

I've had the same spectraflex cables for about 11 years now, and never had a problem with em. I don't notice any problems with sound quality, either.

I've had some for about 15. Sound fine, last long. I'm not a cable corksniffer, but they have to be decently built, and sound reasonably good. Spectraflex fits that bill. Or did anyway. Recently I've been buying cables from the SDOTD, or it's AMS equivalent. Those are fine too.

The only thing is that the cloth covered cables soak up spilled beer on the floor.

• Members

The cable world can be so full of BS.

I've never tried them but I bet they are just fine.

I've made my own cables with canare and neutrik jacks as well as buying some Bayou cables. I've owned Mogami as well, I heard no difference.

If it is well shielded and has sturdy connections you are good to go.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

I've used Spectraflex, Mogami, ProCo and Canare cables (with Neutrik connectors) for many years. Spectraflex have been some of the toughest cables I've ever used, and come in a unbelievable assortment of colors (something that can be handy, if you're wiring up sound for a small band, or just have lots of equipment and want to differentiate one cable from another.

They also carry a lifetime warranty, which they readily stand by.

I've used Spectraflex cables since the mid-nineties (and the vast majority of my guitar and instrument cables, are by them), and have
zero
complaints about them. Fantastic cables.

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/MAkYb7U.jpg"}[/img2]

You can even choose the primary color and the pattern lol. Note the G&H connectors and the nice solid shrink wrap tubing that reinforces the connectors.

There are a couple of Baldee Series short cables, patching a few items together in one of my racks (obviously, not pictured lol).

There is a combination of Standard, Original, and Fatsoflex series cables, pictured.

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/M02IriG.jpg"}[/img2]

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/vs0Lkn2.jpg"}[/img2]

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/BIhEiI6.jpg"}[/img2]

Archived