WOT: Does anyone use the GE 4 blocker for presentations?

Ron Burgandy

• Members

yeah with four sections. Quad charts in gov world. Hate them. What's really stupid is when you have to lead off a 20 slide presentation with a quad chart so that everyone can ignore the rest of your presentation.

• Members

no, I mean there are no additional slides.

1 slide, 4 blocks, no questions. All info must be on this single slide from initial issue to goals to deadlines to resources needed.

Oh I understand -- I put them together monthly for several projects. I was just pointing out an additional stupid use of a quad chart.

• Members

Brutal. I have not had to do them professionally, but I had to do a bunch throughout college. I would always make a list of how important I perceived a point to be, then attempted to merge as many as I could and delete any if possible. If you still cannot fit everything on that one slide, either omit it, or just mention it during your presentation. Again, that's what I was taught in school, so you'd probably better off doing the exact opposite because nothing they teach you in a university seems applicable to real life scenarios. FUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Members

What you say and what is on the slide should not be the same

What? I always just write down my presentation, word for word, and jam it all onto one slide. I then turn my back to the audience and read said slide verbatim.

Archived