NCD: So I built a cab...

Zozobra

• Members

Is this your first one that looks pretty damn immaculate. I build mine the first time I bought a head thinking it would be way cheaper which I have found is not true but its fun. However now that I have built one every time I want a new cab I guilt trip myself into thinking I have to build it and they take forever for me. The next one is definitely getting stained instead of tolex. Tolexed is the most damn annoying part!

• Members

Yeah thats the first cab we've built. We were mainly shooting out the dimensions and ideas but we're happy with how it turned out.

As for building them they're pretty simple really. Its just a box after all. There are some design considerations to be aware of though. Duncanamps has some good information on it.

• Members

Weights only really a problem if you're in the habit of moving cabs by yourself and most the difficulty there is the shape. When we load in and out for gigs and whatnot we usually form a daisy chain of three people so we can move my cab and the bass cab at the same time.

Archived