Just saw The Hobbit

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
    View Post

It's really not that the books were better. It's that this isn't really based on the book at all.

I thought it captured the spirit of the book very well while translating it to the format of a high-budget low-risk holiday season movie. I personally could have done without the Michael Bay action scenes in the goblin mines, and without Radagast, but as a prequel to the LotR movies, the Hobbit (the movie) needs to bridge that gap more than the book did, so I get it.

What made me really, REALLY angry though is the piece-of-**************** end titles fauxlk raping of Over the Misty Mountains Cold. ****************, that was lamer than 10 Transformers movies without Megan Fox in a row.
    Marshall 2466 Vintage Modern.
    Cabs: Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (half-back)
    Guitars: Ibanez UV777PBK, Ibanez K7 (with BKP Painkillers), Shecter 006 Deluxe, Jackson Kelly Standard, Ibanez SRX705, Takamine Classical, Taylor Acoustic.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
      View Post

It's really not that the books were better. It's that this isn't really based on the book at all.

I thought it captured the spirit of the book very well while translating it to the format of a high-budget low-risk holiday season movie. I personally could have done without the Michael Bay action scenes in the goblin mines, and without Radagast, but as a prequel to the LotR movies, the Hobbit (the movie) needs to bridge that gap more than the book did, so I get it.

What made me really, REALLY angry though is the piece-of-**************** end titles fauxlk raping of Over the Misty Mountains Cold. ****************, that was lamer than 10 Transformers movies without Megan Fox in a row.
      Marshall 2466 Vintage Modern.
      Cabs: Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (half-back)
      Guitars: Ibanez UV777PBK, Ibanez K7 (with BKP Painkillers), Shecter 006 Deluxe, Jackson Kelly Standard, Ibanez SRX705, Takamine Classical, Taylor Acoustic.

Comment

The trilogy are my favoritemovies of all time. I think those movies were so well made and every single scene was absolutely believeable and essential to each movie. The Hobbit, imo was a pile of steaming ****************. I was so let down.
        Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

Originally Posted by Murdoch

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

The trilogy are my favoritemovies of all time. I think those movies were so well made and every single scene was absolutely believeable and essential to each movie. The Hobbit, imo was a pile of steaming ****************. I was so let down.
          Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

I was disappointed, too, but obviously not quite as badly as some people here. This is mostly due to the fact that I was high as hell and watching it in 3D Imax! No ****************ing way in hell this story should've been spread over 3 3-hour films.

I do have to say this, though, I have a very dear friend who is dying from cancer. She's been a huge LOTR fan since the very beginning, and met Peter Jackson at ComicCon several years ago, before she got sick. She's an incredibly sweet person, and Peter Jackson liked her so much he gave her his personal email address and they've corresponded ever since. When he found out about her condition, he flew her and her 21 year-old autistic son FIRST CLASS to New York to be his personal guests at the New York premiere of The Hobbit. He put them up in a fancy hotel, all expenses paid, and she got to meet the cast, as well as several members of the LOTR cast, gave her a movie poster signed by the entire cast and a whole ****************load of Hobbit swag, and basically showed her the time of her life. As ill-conceived as the new "trilogy" appears it will be, Peter Jackson will always be a great guy in my book for doing that for her. Thanks, Pete!
            Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I was disappointed, too, but obviously not quite as badly as some people here. This is mostly due to the fact that I was high as hell and watching it in 3D Imax! No ****************ing way in hell this story should've been spread over 3 3-hour films.

I do have to say this, though, I have a very dear friend who is dying from cancer. She's been a huge LOTR fan since the very beginning, and met Peter Jackson at ComicCon several years ago, before she got sick. She's an incredibly sweet person, and Peter Jackson liked her so much he gave her his personal email address and they've corresponded ever since. When he found out about her condition, he flew her and her 21 year-old autistic son FIRST CLASS to New York to be his personal guests at the New York premiere of The Hobbit. He put them up in a fancy hotel, all expenses paid, and she got to meet the cast, as well as several members of the LOTR cast, gave her a movie poster signed by the entire cast and a whole ****************load of Hobbit swag, and basically showed her the time of her life. As ill-conceived as the new "trilogy" appears it will be, Peter Jackson will always be a great guy in my book for doing that for her. Thanks, Pete!
              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

cgi+ fast frame rate = looks like a cartoon.

Comment

Comment

Never seen Lord of The Rings.

Will not see The Hobbit.

Elves and spells and **************** are not for me.
                    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Never seen Lord of The Rings.

Will not see The Hobbit.

Elves and spells and **************** are not for me.
                      My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                      Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti
                        View Post

dang,

first class guy right there.

- Adam

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti
                          View Post

dang,

first class guy right there.

- Adam

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ruppert240
                            View Post

being a fan of hobbit/LOTR, i cant help but consider the notion that this could be a good thing

but it would have a more palatable effect if it were one movie instead of three
                            great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                            SG ARMY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ruppert240
                              View Post

being a fan of hobbit/LOTR, i cant help but consider the notion that this could be a good thing

but it would have a more palatable effect if it were one movie instead of three
                              great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                              SG ARMY

Comment

saw the HFR last night.

**************** was weird. It took awhile to get into it, but even after 3 hours some things still just looked wrong and weird. Normal motions were sped up a lot.
                                check out my sweet dealzzz, I got tons of them

Comment

Working...
                                X