Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video game too.

Comment

Great video game too.

Comment

Interesting comment Brendan. I wonder if Pierce tends to be somewhat type cast...playing Bond in whatever he does to a certain extent. After the Sunset is a kind of 'Retired Bond'....'Tailor of Panama' is a 'bored Bond assigned to a boring place'...then there is that contract killer movie...and the 4th Protocol..'A Soviet Bond'.
        http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

Interesting comment Brendan. I wonder if Pierce tends to be somewhat type cast...playing Bond in whatever he does to a certain extent. After the Sunset is a kind of 'Retired Bond'....'Tailor of Panama' is a 'bored Bond assigned to a boring place'...then there is that contract killer movie...and the 4th Protocol..'A Soviet Bond'.
          http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples
            View Post

Remington Steel was kind of like bond IIRC.
            BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
            Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples
              View Post

BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO
                View Post

I think it's the most fun Bond film. The Craig ones are gritty and realistic, the Connery and Dalton era stuff is darker in tone. Brosnan was over-the-top as bond, the fun cartoon Bond.

The problem with the rest of the Brosnan movies is that they didn't understand the over-the-top thing. They went big and dumb without having a handle on how to do big and dumb in a fun way. Kind of like how Quantum of Solace stumbled on how to handle Craig's Bond. But Goldeneye got the right ingredients. And, c'mon, Famke Janssen is a stone-cold fox.

Also, we all ****************ing know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret ****************ing agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.

All the women talked about was that red hair color Rene Russo had. I think she was really gorgeous in that movie and hasn't been since.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                View Post

I think that's why he got the Bond gig.

Stephanie Zimbalist.

Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO
                  View Post

I think it's the most fun Bond film. The Craig ones are gritty and realistic, the Connery and Dalton era stuff is darker in tone. Brosnan was over-the-top as bond, the fun cartoon Bond.

The problem with the rest of the Brosnan movies is that they didn't understand the over-the-top thing. They went big and dumb without having a handle on how to do big and dumb in a fun way. Kind of like how Quantum of Solace stumbled on how to handle Craig's Bond. But Goldeneye got the right ingredients. And, c'mon, Famke Janssen is a stone-cold fox.

Also, we all ****************ing know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret ****************ing agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.

All the women talked about was that red hair color Rene Russo had. I think she was really gorgeous in that movie and hasn't been since.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                  View Post

I think that's why he got the Bond gig.

Stephanie Zimbalist.

Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

GoldenEye 64.

Paved the way to shooters today. Damn that game was awesome.
                    I'm reaching up and reaching out.
                    I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.
                    And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.
                    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Comment

GoldenEye 64.

Paved the way to shooters today. Damn that game was awesome.
                      I'm reaching up and reaching out.
                      I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.
                      And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.
                      We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Comment

Everything but Pierce was good for me. Was it good for you, Famke?

Comment

Everything but Pierce was good for me. Was it good for you, Famke?

Comment

We must be the same age, 'cause I still love that movie too.

Comment

We must be the same age, 'cause I still love that movie too.

Comment

I wasn't much of a Brosnan fan until he played Bond. His depiction of Bond was as good if not better than Sean which says a lot for me. The Bond films he did were great! The Bond chicks roles were better too.

Daniel Craig is alright, but Brosnan just was meant for the role.

As for Renee Russo (TCA), hot yes, but the chin is a bit Lenoish

Comment

Working...
                                X