Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldeneye, the movie

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Goldeneye, the movie

    I must have been the exact, perfect age when this came out. It's still my favorite bond film.



    I thought Natalya was about as good as it gets for a "Bond Girl" character. She was smart, independent, underestimated, strong, and a hot piece of ass.



    Xenia was an awesome female Bond villain. Evil to the core, and sex-crazed to the core. Hot as hell as well.



    Sean Bean was a great villain, since he is Bond's equal.



    The comic relief/seriousness ratio was perfect. Judy Densch, Robby Coltrain, Minnie Driver, Joe Don Baker, and Alan Cumming, etc.



    The music was awesome. FWIW, I didn't know who Eric Serra was until 5 minutes ago. His "Experience of Love" song during the credits was meant for Leon. Interesting.



    The song, btw.




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkoYnCIG80





    I also didn't know Bono and the Edge wrote the title theme sung by Tina Turner.



    Great, great movie. I love Sean Connery and Daniel Craig, but I thought Goldeneye was a superior film overall to most of the other offerings. Pierce Brosnan was born to play Bond. Not that the other guys aren't, however.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="orange">BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER</font><br />
    Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.</div>

  • #2
    Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond ever. Closely followed by Sean Connery. Too bad, apart from Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough (to a certain extent), the writers on the rest of his movies sucked balls.



    *cough dieanotherday cough*



    Famke Jensen was, and still is, hot as ****************.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">My Rig:<br />
    <br />
    Guitar:<br />
    Fender MIM Black strat<br />
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio<br />
    Epiphone Sheraton II Semi-hollow<br />
    Walnut Telecaster<br />
    <br />
    Furman PL Plus-C Power Conditioner<br />
    Ampeg M-15<br />
    '67 Bassman<br />
    Jet City JCA100H (signed by Mike Soldano himself)<br />
    Ampeg 4x12 Cab with G12T75's<br />
    <br />
    Great deals with: Laura at ValveQueen, Ovid9, tasson50 <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" /></div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond ever. Closely followed by Sean Connery. Too bad, apart from Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough (to a certain extent), the writers on the rest of his movies sucked balls.



      *cough dieanotherday cough*



      Famke Jensen was, and still is, hot as ****************.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">My Rig:<br />
      <br />
      Guitar:<br />
      Fender MIM Black strat<br />
      Epiphone Les Paul Studio<br />
      Epiphone Sheraton II Semi-hollow<br />
      Walnut Telecaster<br />
      <br />
      Furman PL Plus-C Power Conditioner<br />
      Ampeg M-15<br />
      '67 Bassman<br />
      Jet City JCA100H (signed by Mike Soldano himself)<br />
      Ampeg 4x12 Cab with G12T75's<br />
      <br />
      Great deals with: Laura at ValveQueen, Ovid9, tasson50 <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" /></div>

      Comment


      • #4
        FAMKE!!!
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good Transactions with: <b>Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue</b> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/Totally_jammin_out.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Jammin'" class="inlineimg" /></font><br />
        <br />
        <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Hank Hill</strong>
        <a href="showthread.php?p=32992693#post32992693" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
        </div>
        <div class="message">Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.</div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><br />
        <br />
        <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>jnurp</strong>

        </div>
        <div class="message">My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.</div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> </div>

        Comment


        • #5
          FAMKE!!!
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good Transactions with: <b>Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue</b> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/Totally_jammin_out.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Jammin'" class="inlineimg" /></font><br />
          <br />
          <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Hank Hill</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=32992693#post32992693" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><br />
          <br />
          <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>jnurp</strong>

          </div>
          <div class="message">My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> </div>

          Comment


          • #6
            "Do me, sex panther. I suffocate you between my legs"



            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="orange">BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER</font><br />
            Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.</div>

            Comment


            • #7
              "Do me, sex panther. I suffocate you between my legs"



              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="orange">BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER</font><br />
              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.</div>

              Comment


              • #8
                I think it's the most fun Bond film. The Craig ones are gritty and realistic, the Connery and Dalton era stuff is darker in tone. Brosnan was over-the-top as bond, the fun cartoon Bond.



                The problem with the rest of the Brosnan movies is that they didn't understand the over-the-top thing. They went big and dumb without having a handle on how to do big and dumb in a fun way. Kind of like how Quantum of Solace stumbled on how to handle Craig's Bond. But Goldeneye got the right ingredients. And, c'mon, Famke Janssen is a stone-cold fox.



                Also, we all ****************ing know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret ****************ing agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">-&quot;Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?&quot;<br />
                -&quot;Hell no, it's when we commit <i>really good</i> crimes.&quot;</div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think it's the most fun Bond film. The Craig ones are gritty and realistic, the Connery and Dalton era stuff is darker in tone. Brosnan was over-the-top as bond, the fun cartoon Bond.



                  The problem with the rest of the Brosnan movies is that they didn't understand the over-the-top thing. They went big and dumb without having a handle on how to do big and dumb in a fun way. Kind of like how Quantum of Solace stumbled on how to handle Craig's Bond. But Goldeneye got the right ingredients. And, c'mon, Famke Janssen is a stone-cold fox.



                  Also, we all ****************ing know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret ****************ing agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">-&quot;Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?&quot;<br />
                  -&quot;Hell no, it's when we commit <i>really good</i> crimes.&quot;</div>

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                    View Post

                    "Do me, sex panther. I suffocate you between my legs"







                    Any day of the week.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good Transactions with: <b>Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue</b> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/Totally_jammin_out.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Jammin'" class="inlineimg" /></font><br />
                    <br />
                    <div class="bbcode_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote">
                    <div class="quote_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Hank Hill</strong>
                    <a href="showthread.php?p=32992693#post32992693" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                    </div>
                    <div class="message">Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.</div>

                    </div>
                    </div>
                    </div> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><br />
                    <br />
                    <div class="bbcode_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote">
                    <div class="quote_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>jnurp</strong>

                    </div>
                    <div class="message">My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.</div>

                    </div>
                    </div>
                    </div> </div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                      View Post

                      "Do me, sex panther. I suffocate you between my legs"







                      Any day of the week.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good Transactions with: <b>Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue</b> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/Totally_jammin_out.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Jammin'" class="inlineimg" /></font><br />
                      <br />
                      <div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Hank Hill</strong>
                      <a href="showthread.php?p=32992693#post32992693" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                      </div>
                      <div class="message">Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.</div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /><br />
                      <br />
                      <div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>jnurp</strong>

                      </div>
                      <div class="message">My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.</div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> </div>

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther
                        View Post

                        Any day of the week.




                        Every day of the week.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">-&quot;Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?&quot;<br />
                        -&quot;Hell no, it's when we commit <i>really good</i> crimes.&quot;</div>

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther
                          View Post

                          Any day of the week.




                          Every day of the week.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">-&quot;Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?&quot;<br />
                          -&quot;Hell no, it's when we commit <i>really good</i> crimes.&quot;</div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            she keeel you weeth legs on first date.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="orange">BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER</font><br />
                            Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.</div>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              she keeel you weeth legs on first date.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="orange">BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER</font><br />
                              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.</div>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X