Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker mix. I have V30's, G12T-75's, and ET65's...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker mix. I have V30's, G12T-75's, and ET65's...

I am mainly a rock type of player using Marshall'ish tones. Think Tesla, Ratt, Dokken, Maiden, with a good bit of AIC / Cantrell etc...

I have a Marshall 1960A with 75's that sounds good but, I like my other cab with Scumback M75's much better.

I mixed some ET65's in there and liked it a little bit better. Now I have a pair of V30's coming in tonight.

What would you load up into that cab? V30's and 75's seem to have a following. What about V30's and the 65's? Too bright maybe?
    "Take the time to pull the weeds choking flowers in your life." J.Cantrell

Edit:

Actually, just use whatever. They don't have to match perfectly. I use all three of those in my current rig.
    BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
    Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

I like a K85 mixed with 65's.
      Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

V30 + 75s. GAWD TONE.
        Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto
          View Post

V30 + 75s. GAWD TONE.

This. Got this combo in a 1960A.
          PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto
            View Post

V30 + 75s. GAWD TONE.

That is what I am leaning toward. Thanks folks.

Comment

Even though the 75/30 is a nice combination, ET65's sound better to me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                View Post

65's mix great with other speakers, but on their own sound killer. Nice & creamy, but with plenty ok kick & a super smooth top.
                Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                  View Post

Great. Decision time.

I just hate having to tear the cab apart over and over again. I really like ET65's but have heard good things about the V30 / 75 mix and pretty much nothing about V30's and 65's mixed.

Comment

I just recently did an X-Pattern on my 1960B cab with 2 75s and 2 Hellatone 30s, which are Avatar's rebranded Celestion G12H30 speakers that have been broken in for 15 hours. Sounds amazing. I personally prefer the G12H30 over the V30 as the G12H30 isn't as shrill on the high end/upper mids.
                    GUITARS:
                    Ibanez UV777BK - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze SC middle/Blaze neck
                    Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze neck
                    Gibson Les Paul Studio - stock
                    Squier Stagemaster - EMG 81s

AMPS & CAB:
                    Marshall JVM 210H
                    Marshall JCM 900 4100 (modded)
                    Marshall 1960B (G12T-75 / Hellatone 30 X-Pattern)

PEDALS:
                    Boss TU-2
                    Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
                    Maxon OD808
                    MXR Phase 90
                    Boss CH-1
                    Digitech Turbo Flange
                    Boss NS-2
                    Hardwire DL-8
                    Blackstar HT-DistX

Originally Posted by Pepi

Short 100 bucks **************** YOU OBAMA

Comment

Mixing is way overrated. Pick one.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by eyeball987
                        View Post

Great. Decision time.

I just hate having to tear the cab apart over and over again. I really like ET65's but have heard good things about the V30 / 75 mix and pretty much nothing about V30's and 65's mixed.

FWIW, I have two identical Emperor 4x12's. One has ET65's, and the other has Retro 30's+G12T75's in an X pattern.

The ET65 cab sounds better. It's smoother, louder, and more focused. It's totally in your face without being harsh at all, and if I had the time to trade the retro30's/G12T75's for another quad of ET65's, I would.

Comment

I've heard good things about the V30/ET65 mix from many on here.

I've done the V30/T75 mix and its alright. Good from brutal type stuff but can be hard to dial in (as is the case in general with speaker mixing).

My biggest issue with this is the differences in efficiency. The V30s are significantly louder than the T75s.

All that said as cool as speaker mixing can be I think its a bad call in general. Sound guys at gigs are only going to mic one speaker and the sound coming from that one speaker is going to be different than the sound coming from the front of your cab, therefore you'll probably end up dialing in and getting a different tone than what the audience ends up hearing.

I'd just go with 4 matched speakers if it were me, the amp you're playing would determine which speakers those should be.
                          Current Gear
                          ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

well put, Kyle!

Comment

Yup, Kyle nailed it. Speaker mixing makes my brain hurt in a bad way.

Comment

Working...
                              X