X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars

What ever happened to them?

They had a decent buzz going a few years back, but not much mention these days.

Now his website is down.

Always wanted one of these

Mesa Boogie MK III
    Marshall DSL 50
    JCA 20H
    ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
    Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
    Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
    Fender HM Strat
    Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

that's pretty slick
    Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

that's pretty slick
      Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Someone here had a bad experience with BRJ (run-around and very, very late, if I recall), and while they did get everything cleared up, it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Otherwise, however, it's been all stars and rainbows. Wouldn't mind trying one out, myself.
        -"Actual journalism? Isn't that when you don't commit crimes?"
        -"Hell no, it's when we commit really good crimes."

Comment

Someone here had a bad experience with BRJ (run-around and very, very late, if I recall), and while they did get everything cleared up, it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Otherwise, however, it's been all stars and rainbows. Wouldn't mind trying one out, myself.

Comment

My story:

Ordered a Black Friday guitar in November of 2010, with an estimated time of 3 month wait. Dropped a $600 deposit. Didn't think it was too bad for the price they were going at, so I hopped on!

Fast forward several months, with minimal e-mails and responses. Still no guitar.

August 2011: was told my guitar would be done soon and ready for hardware. Yay!

silence for another several months.

January 2012: Was told my guitar was almost done, it'd be another 2 weeks, and Bernie asked me to pay the remaining balance on the guitar, so I did. After over a year, I would be finally getting it! yay!

silence for several months.

March 2012: Was told my guitar had to be refinished again. Bummer. They only told me because I kept e-mailing them since I didn't get any other responses for months.

June 2012: Was told my guitar "would be done". No time frame given.

silence for several months, even until now.

Still have not heard anything about my guitar, when it would be done, and it's been 100% paid for since January. It'd been over 2 years. Sadly, I'm not the only one. Read the last few pages of the thread on sevenstring.org for more details, or just sift through the hundreds of pages in that thread.

No one knows when their guitar will be finished, people have received their guitars with SERIOUS flaws in them, wrong specs, etc. Many people (including me) are having their e-mails ignored. It's a mess.

see more here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lut...s-ad-free.html
            Harmony-Central: Holy War, frankencat, Wheeler004, Coach, rockitsauce, VinnyH, EdgeOfDarkness, ZCT423, datratbastud, applecakes1207, bridrive55, Crunchtime, buffbiff21, surfn748, rbasaria
            Rig-Talk: kurtsstuff, Ampaddict, Jeff Hilligan, 80's metal, Motorpud, moltenmetalburn, ::fred::
            TGP: ccrouch14, shred-dog, UConnjack, Gasp100

Black Water Guitars Custom Double II 7-String | RAN Crusher FF8

Comment

My story:

Ordered a Black Friday guitar in November of 2010, with an estimated time of 3 month wait. Dropped a $600 deposit. Didn't think it was too bad for the price they were going at, so I hopped on!

Fast forward several months, with minimal e-mails and responses. Still no guitar.

January 2012: Was told my guitar was almost done, it'd be another 2 weeks, and Bernie asked me to pay the remaining balance on the guitar, so I did. After over a year, I would be finally getting it! yay!

March 2012: Was told my guitar had to be refinished again. Bummer. They only told me because I kept e-mailing them since I didn't get any other responses for months.

Still have not heard anything about my guitar, when it would be done, and it's been 100% paid for since January. It'd been over 2 years. Sadly, I'm not the only one. Read the last few pages of the thread on sevenstring.org for more details, or just sift through the hundreds of pages in that thread.

No one knows when their guitar will be finished, people have received their guitars with SERIOUS flaws in them, wrong specs, etc. Many people (including me) are having their e-mails ignored. It's a mess.

Harmony-Central: Holy War, frankencat, Wheeler004, Coach, rockitsauce, VinnyH, EdgeOfDarkness, ZCT423, datratbastud, applecakes1207, bridrive55, Crunchtime, buffbiff21, surfn748, rbasaria
              Rig-Talk: kurtsstuff, Ampaddict, Jeff Hilligan, 80's metal, Motorpud, moltenmetalburn, ::fred::

Comment

A budd of mine has a trans red flametop neck thru Jekyll and its a ****************ing badass guitar.

Shame they can't consistently build them in a timely manner though, from the looks of things currently.
                Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

A budd of mine has a trans red flametop neck thru Jekyll and its a ****************ing badass guitar.

Shame they can't consistently build them in a timely manner though, from the looks of things currently.
                  Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                  Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                  Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                  ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Khoifish321
                    View Post

My story:

****************. That sucks.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Khoifish321
                      View Post

My story:

****************. That sucks.

Comment

You bought the guitar in 2010 and it's now 2013 and you still don't have it????

Sounds like a Mark Cameron type of situation
                        Mesa Boogie MK III
                        Marshall DSL 50
                        JCA 20H
                        ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                        Fender HM Strat

Comment

You bought the guitar in 2010 and it's now 2013 and you still don't have it????

Sounds like a Mark Cameron type of situation
                          Mesa Boogie MK III
                          Marshall DSL 50
                          JCA 20H
                          ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                          Fender HM Strat

Comment

pretty much, but it's not only me. Bernie has over 150 guitars in queue, and not many have come out.

Comment

pretty much, but it's not only me. Bernie has over 150 guitars in queue, and not many have come out.

Comment

Working...
                              X