77 visits... 3 plays. What am I doing wrong?

• Members

I have my album for sale (name your own price, even if it's $0.00) I'm getting traffic there, but nobody's playing the songs. Not even starting the songs. In the last 2 days, I've had 77 visits to the page, but only 3 plays. What gives? Is there something wrong with the player or something? Are people not able to play the songs?

It's kind of concerning to me that there's a lot of exposure lost because of some technical complications. Any thoughts?

http://somnistatic.bandcamp.com

• Members

can't be, I played at least 4 of your songs in the last months

Any good ideas for Chinese ringtones? :p

That's weird. I've heard from other artists on bandcamp that adblockers will stop the tracks from playing sometimes. I'm thinking about uploading the album to soundcloud and then re-directing them to my bandcamp page if they want to download/buy the album.

I'm getting out and playing live in about a month. The bassist from the album has a drummer and we're gonna start playing around Chicago... but I am just concerned that if people go to the bandcamp site, they won't be able to hear the music before downloading it.

• Members

Yes! But you would have to show me your music first, because that where I work.

And when the music is fine for Asia, I give you a digital sales agreement for greater China.

I just emailed you. I tried PMing you, but got this error:

A. Einstein has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Thanks for listening!

• Members

Only 999,997 away from a cool million!!! Congrats!

John
:)

:lol: Well, I have more than 3 total plays... I've sold over 100 album downloads so far... it was just weird to me that I was getting a lot of visits to the site, but very few plays. The 77/3 ratio was for just one day.

• Members

I have my album for sale (name your own price, even if it's $0.00) I'm getting traffic there, but nobody's playing the songs. Not even starting the songs. In the last 2 days, I've had 77 visits to the page, but only 3 plays. What gives? Is there something wrong with the player or something? Are people not able to play the songs?

It's kind of concerning to me that there's a lot of exposure lost because of some technical complications. Any thoughts?

listened to it

nice music

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I had better luck with Reverbnation.

I got a steady fanbase there almost overnight.

Also, try performing on Younow.com

But be careful. That younow crowd is brutal. They'd boo Jimi Hendrix if you give them the opportunity.

Archived