Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need To Get Younger! Help With Songs..........

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need To Get Younger! Help With Songs..........

we

maybe post a little more detail, are you looking for rock or dance stuff? and what is your setlist like now? Post it cuz there maybe a decent amount of cross over between the two.
    www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

I want to form another band to appeal to a younger demographic, say 30-50 generally.

I would think it should be extremely simple to figure out what kind of material appeals to people from age 30-50: find a local/dive/corner bar that books weekend-warrior/dad-band types that the legit venues won't, and see what those bands are playing.
      For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

what's your current setlist?

Comment

I would think it should be extremely simple to figure out what kind of material appeals to people from age 30-50: find a local/dive/corner bar that books weekend-warrior/dad-band types that the legit venues won't, and see what those bands are playing.
          yeah, these questions always make me go
          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
          -For Sale:
          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

we are just adding social Distortion " ca hustle and flow". We'll see how it goes. Not only is this the first song from this decade its practically the first one from the last 3 decades. (grimace)

Comment

That seems pretty arrogant/condescending -the implication being that music that appeals to the 30-50 crowd is played by ****************ty, part time bands in crappy venues.

Wouldn't your point have worked to simply say: find a venue with live music that attracts the 30-50 crowd and see what they are playing?

Comment

Unless I missed something big time, I think what we have here is potentially a case of po-TAY-to / po-TAH-to...
                For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard someone say po-tah-to.
                  Band

Comment

Working...
                  X