Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized..Im in a grandpa band..

All this talk about dad bands got me thinking........oh crap.png" alt=":smileysurprised:" title="Smiley Surprised" />..our guitar player is a grandpa!!........oh hell, who cares as long as he can still shred.....png" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" />

Jack of all trades....Master of none...

I'm a grandpa at 52 and our bass player is 60. As long as one person will listen, I'm going to keep playing. All this talk of Dad bands, etc....... Doesn't phase me one bit.

Comment

• toober
      toober commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd listen to the band Grandpa's Guitar if they rocked.

Im a grandpa of 2 im 60 if a 60 Yr Old was on stage when I was 25 I would not have had the maturity to listen and would have likely left too. Paybacks a mother!

Comment

It is impossible for me to be a grandpa.

Comment

• sweatpat
        sweatpat commented
        Editing a comment
        My Dad's grandpa band is better than my band.

Id be honored. It was a true statement btw. My pops played professionally for many years before I was born the hung it up when I was born, partially to be home with me, partially to get sober. He picked it (music, not booze) back up when I went to collegein 95. I just saw his band last weekend and it hit me, they do it right! Its older blues & soul but done so well, fromthe musicianship to the lights, sound, banter, the clothes they wear, eeverything screamed pro and the dancefloor definitely reflected it! Very cool to have an example like that in my family, I gotta up my game!

Comment

• SeniorBlues
        SeniorBlues commented
        Editing a comment

sweatpat wrote:
        Id be honored. It was a true statement btw. My pops played professionally for many years before I was born the hung it up when I was born, partially to be home with me, partially to get sober. He picked it (music, not booze) back up when I went to collegein 95. I just saw his band last weekend and it hit me, they do it right! Its older blues & soul but done so well, fromthe musicianship to the lights, sound, banter, the clothes they wear, eeverything screamed pro and the dancefloor definitely reflected it! Very cool to have an example like that in my family, I gotta up my game!

Sounds like my kind of band . . . . links to video, please!

Here's a pretty hot version of Don Covay's "Critical List" that they performed on a local TV show. That's my Dad on Guitar and my Uncle on Keys...

http://youtu.be/r85AafGQJ8w

Here's one with my Uncle singing one of their originals:

http://youtu.be/L-Tw4kK8yXU

Here's a cut from a live show at a sit down place...

http://youtu.be/oprS-sRfqR4

Comment

• sweatpat
        sweatpat commented
        Editing a comment

Does anybody know how to get YouTube vids to pop up in posts (not just links)?

I might be, but refuse to talk about it..

Did I say that out loud ?!?

Comment

• race81
        race81 commented
        Editing a comment
        grandpa, dad band or not.....we played a 2fer this past weekend and rocked both of em. sat night was for a college graduates party....had a drunk college girl hanging off my shoulder twice before the night was over tellin me how awsome we are and that..I had the voice of an angel. I smiled all the way home.

Working...
    X