• Members

Same basic amp as the Peavey PV series. Peavey owns Crest. The built in crossover works fine and each channel has one. Rugged amp, similar to the excellent RMX series from QSC. Recently, the specs game has reared its head, with the same CPX amps appearing to be rated more conservatively than their PV breathren. It's all about market share and bragging rights, I guess. If pricing was the same, I'd go with the QSC, simply because if you need to sell later on, it's more recognizable. If the Crest were significantly less expensive, I'd go that route and not think twice.

Kim

• Members

The CPX appears to be exactly the same as the PV Series. Only the front plate is styled a little different, but everything, switches, knobs and lights, are in the exact same place and are the same type. The CPX even has the Peavey DDT Compression (although they call it GCL, stands for something like "Global Compression Limiting"). I've had a CPX1500 for several months, but, due to circumstances beyond its control, haven't been able to use it more than a few times.

Peace,

D

Archived