Miss my Bose L1!

• Members

I recently sold my L1 system with 2 bass modules, and after spending months review speakers on here bought a pair of QSC 122s which are brilliant.

I needed the QSCs for some of the larger noisier venues which i play in.

So it wasn't feasible to keep 2 systems.

In my small venues where I stand in between my 2 QSCs I get a very loud bass hum because I am standing slightly behind the speakers and the fact that they are very close together because of the small layout , but they sound fine out in front. but that is no good to me for a couple of hours playing with this annoying boomy sound.

My New Years eve gig which I do everyyear with the bose and brilliant sound was covered this year with the QSCs and they were on poles close to the wall and me squeezed in between them and I had to turn down the Bass on guitar, tracks and vocals,

It was then that I wished I had the opportunity to have had my bose system.

• Members

I just used my L1 with single sub last night at a venue where I had been been running one of my Mackie 450's. I tweaked everything for quite some time and in that environment it did not hold a candle to the Mackie. Other places, the L1 is far superior and this one came as quite a surprise and disappointment.

Looking forward to trying out the BagAmp. All of the promo material looks very good. I messed with a Fishman the other day but not in an environment that was representative of a regular gig. Sounded good but a lot more testing would be needed. I like the idea of the smaller units for some of the places I play for portability and required space.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I was just at the same crossroads. We use 2-L1's [classics]and the bass end isnt cutting it for us. I was thinking of ditching them and going traditional. The reason I cant is because of the compliments we get with our sound. We get compliments on the system sound EVERY date we do.

As I stated on another post, we are a gospel quartet. We can easily fill a 500 head building with the 2 bose units....and the sound is great. My other posts is stating that I want to add a 3rd party sub to the mix, so we can get the bass we need.

• Members
In my small venues where I stand in between my 2 QSCs I get a very loud bass hum because I am standing slightly behind the speakers and the fact that they are very close together because of the small layout , but they sound fine out in front. but that is no good to me for a couple of hours playing with this annoying boomy sound.

Have you tried just using one in smaller venues? Just because you have two doesn't mean you have to use both all the time :).

Archived