Sabine 1020 and 1020Plus... any good?!?

• Members

I know that good EQ is all I should need, but have a new female singer with a wireless that likes to roam around and wanting something to suppress feedback for a running-sound-from-stage situation... just in case, ya' know. How do you guys rate the Sabine units... especially the 1020s.

• Members

I use them (2020+ dual channel version) instead of 31 band eq's and they work great - but they do need to be rung out and the procedure is different. You really need to get everyone off the stage for it and have a helper who can get their face in front of each mic. But all that is for the monitors with them in the monitor sends only. Don't exactly know how you'd use them for your situation - I usually just pan the mic away from the main they are nearest to but that's hard to do from the stage when you're also playing an instrument :(.

PM me if you're interested in a 1020+, I've sidegraded to the two channel versions to cut down on rack space :).

• Members

I know that good EQ is all I should need, but have a new female singer with a wireless that likes to roam around

That's why no matter how you set the system, things will change. That's exactly what they are for.

Just be sure that in setup mode you have a very quiet stage. In setup the Sabine thinks everything is feedback and will notch it out. If you have a situation where you cannot do this then DON'T run setup. It will catch feedback on the fly ... of course you have to feedback first before it can catch it (which is why it is better to have performed setup first when possible)

• Members

There are times when I get feedback from my singer when he goes out into the audience near the speaker(s).
That only happens when my gain structure is off kilter

I think you mean something else. Gain structure ... good or bad, has no bearing of feedback threshold. You simply have too much gain in these situations.

• Members

I think you mean something else. Gain structure ... good or bad, has no bearing of feedback threshold. You simply have too much gain in these situations.

You may be right. I am under the, maybe wrong, impression that gain structure starts with the input gain knob.

Archived