Yorkville ES808???

• Members

Hello All,

My son and his HS aged rock band (Redhot Chili Peppers, Green Day, etc. material) drums, bass, 2 guitars, 2 vocals....the usual garage band setup....has been using my rig (yorkville TX) for their infrequent performances.

My situation: Due to my gig schedule I have not been able to make a few of the performances to tech it.  My son (the drummer) knows how to setup & run the rig.  He assigns the band members tasks; running cords, erecting speakers, winding cables (argh!!!), etc. due to the fact that his kit takes longer to setup/breakdown than their lone guitar amps.

When the kids return from a show, I, at times, notice additional dents in my cabs' grills, rat-nested cables, etc.....  Hey, they are kids and a bit careless....but......at times I need to use some the same gear for my sound-for-hire gigs.

I have decided to cobble-together my son's own rack, wires, mics, and cabs.  One main component that I need is a pair of subs to use with tx3 cabs. 

There is a pair of used Yorkville ES808 cabs for sale ($350.00 for the pair) within a 90 minutes of my location.  It is my understanding that these are older cabs (prior to LS808 series) and seem to be identical (somewhat) in performance thus they should work fine for my kid's band.

Does anyone out there have any experience with Yorkville ES808 cabs?

Please advise.

Mike M  

• Members

If I can find some of my old Yorkville catalogues I might be able to provide a little spec info - that's if I can find them.

I've had good luck buying used Yorkville gear from that era but of course subs can be a different story.

Don't know if you saw this thread from ages ago http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Live-Sound-Production/ES808-vs-LS808/td-p/18198926

Archived