Al's American Audio ELS-15A active speaker review

• Members

Hey guys,

Since I've found Yamaha's DXR line, I've been less curious about testing/comparing new speakers (I am finally completely happy with my systems), but when I noticed my dealer had ordered a set of these 169$ active speakers which are getting glowing reviews all over the place, I just had to check them out. As you are probably guessing, you get what you pay for, and many people out there have bad hearing and really have no idea what good speakers sound like.... The video is currently uploading, but I will post the link in the next hour.  

• Members

Thanks for the review Al. I see there's still no free lunch.

Out here in tree hugger land, some might classify these as landfill speakers - 'cause that's where they'll wind up in a few years.

I'll be waiting for your Yorkville Parasource review(s).

• Members

Shaster wrote:

Thanks for the review Al. I see there's still no free lunch.

Out here in tree hugger land, some might classify these as landfill speakers - 'cause that's where they'll wind up in a few years.

I'll be waiting for your Yorkville Parasource review(s).

Landfill speakers they are. It's unfortunate to see such a steady decline in sound quality standards with today's youth. All reviews you read online of these speakers are positive and I've even seen the comment "impressive sound" from one guy who watched a Youtube video of the ELS-15A - likely through his 20$ WalMart speakers. People just don't seem to get that you can't get any kind of idea of audio quality from a Youtube video.  As for the Parasounrce series, I guarantee you I will be the first in line to test them and compare them to DXR to see if the much higher price of the Yorkville is justified. I know a big part of the price difference ids because they are made in Canada however.

Al

Archived