NEW Yorkville NX300P

• Members

Looks like Yorkville might finally be putting out new models in the popular NX line. The NX300P looks like a wallet friendly 15+1" - or lower powered version of the NX750P. Hopefully a new and improved (not just watt wise) NX55P will surface soon... No details on pricing though. I'm still waiting for the Parasource line to show up at my music store so I can take them for a spin and see if their price is justified.

http://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/nx/product/nx300p/

Al

• Members

Al Poulin wrote:

Looks like Yorkville might finally be putting out new models in the popular NX line. The NX300P looks like a wallet friendly 15+1" - or lower powered version of the NX750P. Hopefully a new and improved (not just watt wise) NX55P will surface soon... No details on pricing though. I'm still waiting for the Parasource line to show up at my music store so I can take them for a spin and see if their price is justified.

Al

51 lbs for a speaker that can only do 122dB continous and is only 150 watts (300 program). I think most folks would stick with the YX15P, unless they're phasing them out, or the NX300 is cheaper.

That 4000 hz crossover point  is also strange to me considering it's a 15" - maybe it's a typo.

In any case, I'll be waiting for your review, if these actually come to market. I'm almost hoping they don't for Yorkville's sake.

• Members

Shaster wrote:

Al Poulin wrote:

Al

51 lbs for a speaker that can only do 122dB continous and is only 150 watts (300 program). I think most folks would stick with the YX15P, unless they're phasing them out, or the NX300 is cheaper.

That 4000 hz crossover point  is also strange to me considering it's a 15" - maybe it's a typo.

In any case, I'll be waiting for your review, if these actually come to market. I'm almost hoping they don't for Yorkville's sake.

I kind of miss my YX15Ps. In many applications, I actually felt they performed better than my NX55Ps AND they sounded much better into limiting...

Archived