QSC GX series

• Members

I've used two GX5's for about 3 years, rock solid.  I have the online 6 year warranty.  At times they've been running in 90+ degrees, full sun for hours,  no issues.  One powers the momitors (4), the other is a backup now since I recently went to powered mains.

• Members

I have been using 4 of them for the past 2 years. They get used almost every weekend.  I have not had a single problem with them.  I just recently bought another one to power the monitors.   I have been extremely happy with them.

• CMS Author

Tomm Williams wrote:

What's the opinion of this series of amps so far? Lot's of threads concerning the IPR series with problems. They clearly look to be direct dollar-point competitors. Mainly asking about reliability, not feature differences.

I just wrote a review on the GX5, it's posted to the HC main pages. It's been a good solid amp line for several years, nothing fancy, just gets the job done. Has a 6 year warranty.

• Members

Was plesantly surprised to see my new GX7 was Made in the USA!  I see the 1/4" inputs can be linked to run both channels off a single input.  Does this mean the unused inputs (be it the 1/4, XLR or even RCA's) acts as a pass thru if I want to connect another amp to the same signal?

Archived