M -Audio GSR 10 Fixed.

• Members

For what it's worth i found someone to work on the GSR 10. Not an easy task! They Charge a flat rate of $139.00 with shipping there and back, it was a total of $164.00. The name of the place is Pro Digital Inc. PHone # 610 353 2400 they're located in Broomell PA. The reason I'm posting this is I know other people on this forum have purchased these and might need a place they can get them fixed if need be. PS If I'm breaking any rule here I apologize ! Just trying to be helpful.

• Like 1

• Members
Didnt the box cost 139.00? ;)
The initial purchase price is not the issue. The issue is how much would it cost to replace the non-working unit with a working unit of the same quality. If a current replacement costs $400, then a $300 repair makes sense. Mark C.

• CMS Author

Since the speaker is discontinued, there's no option to buy new again. So if you've got a pair and one fails, you're faced with replacement of both speakers (unless you're okay with running a mismatched pair, not a likely choice) at a pretty steep cost compared with repairing the failed unit. The other option of course is to seek a used replacement, which might be cost effective.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
On 12/7/2019 at 8:18 PM, JohnnyBoy69 said:

Usually the smoothing capacitors PRIOR to the full wave bridge rectifier (not the ones after)

Well, that comment gave me a good jumping-off place... And that's exactly what the problem was!

Thank you

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Members

@Ojohnnyboy. I had the same problem years ago and got my gsr12s repaired. I was offered a free pair but that need to be repaired but it seems that Pro Digital is permanently closed. Are there any other options?

• 1 year later...