Sabine FBX-2020 Feedback Exterminator

• Members

Depends how you think about it. The way it figures feedback is pretty good but you would be dealing with 2001 technology ... not to mention it's over 13 years old. So I don't know how many years of service it has left. I think that's a 20 bit system and not the current 24 bit system.

• Members

Thanks! I missed out on the $200 unit, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. I would pay $160 locally for something that is $100 on eBay, but this wasn't local.

Don's point is a good one, I hadn't realized they were that old. If they sounded good in 2001 they probably still sound good, 20-bit sound not withstanding. That's still better than CD assuming the sample rate is 44.1kHz or better. But I do want a decent life expectancy.

The type of feedback-fighting that I'm after is where, you know, the feedback just goes "eeeeeeiiin" for a split second and not super-loud when the band is playing, but doesn't make any noise otherwise. It kind of hangs in the air. It makes it really hard to figure out where it's coming from. RTA app does not help, and I can't fiddle with EQ fast enough to matter, since I'm also busy playing. The only cure I have is to turn everything down a smidge (not always a bad thing).

The other unit I have been looking at is the DriveRack PX. I suppose I can also consider the DriveRack an EQ as well. I need one more EQ anyhow. So $450 for a feedback buster and and EQ, that seems to be a decent value.

Is the anti-feedback in the DriveRack PX more or less on par with the Sabine FBX series? I have a very limited budget and thus need to spend it wisely. :)

Wes

Archived