Really good, and usefull vocal pedal!

rodclement

• Members

I have used them all! From the TC Voicelive, to the Digitechs, to the Bose units! All good and all, but never loved anyone of them, some to gimmicky, some to complicated, some simply are crap...

Yesterday I got a TC Helicon VoiceTone E1 Delay Vocal Effects Pedal on a trade an am finally happy! Now I found a pedal that I can actually use!!! I run reverb from my board and just wanted some delay to add to some songs, and some chorus parts. Something easy and not over engineered that simply sounds good and works, and this is it!

Great delay sounds! Tap delays...all in click of a button! Always on clean phantom power...and it came with a power adapter...built like a tank! I am very happy!

So if anyone is looking for a simple and effective way to add some delay to your vocals, this is a good, simple, way to go!

Rod

• Members

Good to know. I've been wanting to get SOMETHING for vocal processing. I don't need or want pitch correct or harmonies. Just a solid pedal that can give me something more than the board reverb. Ideally, I'd like some reverb, delay, and maybe compression?? Don't need a bunch of different settings. Rather, looking for a "set and forget" kind of thing.

I've been looking at the TC Helicon VoiceTone Create XT?? Any experience with that unit?

• Members

I am not using the mp-75 but am now considering giving it a shot, reading reviews etc, right now but I most likely will buy one and try it out.

I've had the create and got rid of it as well. The idea behind it sounded good to me but I didn't feel like dealing with pre-sets etc for a result that was questionable in the end, most likely due to user loss of interest! :) It sounds to me like you would like the "Mic Mechanic" that TC makes, it does have pitch correction but you an alwasy leave it "off" I guess. From what I read the "tone" button -

"Sound your best with Adaptive Tone

Mic Mechanic dynamically adjusts EQ, Compression, De-Essing and Gating - providing you with great tone all the time. Get a great vocal sound regardless of your sound system or sound tech."

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-TCE-MICMECH-LIST

Rod

• Members

I've had the create and got rid of it as well. The idea behind it sounded good to me but I didn't feel like dealing with pre-sets etc for a result that was questionable in the end, most likely due to user loss of interest!
:)
It sounds to me like you would like the "Mic Mechanic" that TC makes, it does have pitch correction but you an alwasy leave it "off" I guess. From what I read the "tone" button -

"Sound your best with Adaptive Tone

Mic Mechanic dynamically adjusts EQ, Compression, De-Essing and Gating - providing you with great tone all the time. Get a great vocal sound regardless of your sound system or sound tech."

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-TCE-MICMECH-LIST

Rod

That's an interesting looking pedal. Still, for only $100 more I'm not sure I wouldn't go with the Create XT just because of all the extra "stuff" it does, being a more robust pedal.

Truthfully, I'd probably hate it, though. I'd wish I had bought something simple to use like the Mic Mechanic.

• Members

I've also been through a number of TC Helicon pedals. All very good quality, but finally, to my mind, overkill. I never use 99% of the presets, not to mention tweaking presets!

Also, their boxes have been prone to overly-complicated user interfaces--probably because of trying to stuff so many effects into them.

I used to use the Harmony-G, which worked really well and had a reasonable interface, but I got sick of the harmonizer--and my wife now sings with me, so it's no longer necessary. ;)

Now I use the Mic Mechanic, which has everything I need in a simple-to-use, small pedal. You can indeed easily turn the pitch correction off. The best part of TC Helicon pedals, to my mind, is the tone button. The auto-engineering of compression, EQ, and de-essing works wonders. (Except when I play my harp, which screws up the tone settings.)

And I got a free MP-75 mic by buying the Mic Mechanic pedal--not sure if this promotion is still going on. I haven't had a chance to try out the mic yet, so I can't comment on it.

• Members

Jack,

Let me know how you like the mic!

Rod

I tried it last night and it really sounded great for a dynamic mic. It did have a bit of a midrange boom (at least for my voice), that wasn't corrected by the magical tone button, so you might need to eq at the soundboard to get it sounding right. But all in all it's a fine mic--to my mind superior to the standard SM58..

That said, I've been using a small-diaphragm condensor mic for years and I'm not likely to change.

• Members

Is this a foot pedal, cause I don't wanna bend over to make adjustments? Delay only is kind of a downer. Reverb in the same pedal would be more up my alley.

Yep foot pedal. It has revebs as well but it's one or the other, not both so I run reverb from the board and add delay as needed.

Rod

• Members

I tried it last night and it really sounded great for a dynamic mic. It did have a bit of a midrange boom (at least for my voice), that wasn't corrected by the magical tone button, so you might need to eq at the soundboard to get it sounding right. But all in all it's a fine mic--to my mind superior to the standard SM58..

That said, I've been using a small-diaphragm condensor mic for years and I'm not likely to change.

Thanks Jack! I'll skip it then. I am used to my condenser as well, I did order a Shure KSM9, can't wait to get it and will report!

Rod

Archived