looking for a stage piano to gig with.

moogerfooger

• Members

I'm currently using an M3 expanded module with a Maudio oxygen 88 controler.  its not the worst set up but its not really making it. since i bought my grand piano It has been less than satisfying to play the Maudio controller.  Im looking for a great stage piano, with an authentic feel and response. my budget is 2 to 3 grand. I tried most of the yamaha Cp series pianos, and the 300 is a contender but its a might heavy.  any suggestions?  anybody using  Kawai or Kurzweil ? 

• Members

For piano, nothing I've tried has come close to Yamaha to my ears. But I haven't tried either of those brands. I haven't shopped in a long time but my relatively inexpensive Yamaha P60 I've been really really happy with.

• Moderators

Have you tried a Yamaha CP300? I got to 'mess around' on one not long ago; weighted keys, great action, and sounded dead on like one of their big grands...I think they run about ~1900-2400.

Also the Kawai MP10 sounds pretty real...and real pretty ;)

I have not had a chance to play one, but some one I know has one and I have heard him play it...damned accurate.

our keyboardist has a Kurzweil that he really likes. The piano sounds are pretty good, the action isn't bad either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

rocket888 wrote:

Roland RD700GX (or NX or SX.)  I have had two...a SX which I used for 5 years and sold, and now a GX. 

Nice action feel, very sturdy, good sounds, would buy another.

The Free song in my signature is with the SX.

The RD300 series is a good stage piano too.  Lighter and will do pretty much everthing you need to do for most bands.   I am sold on roland.   great sounds, easy to use.   They hold up well.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Piano Whore- Does the M50 have the piano samples from the M3 Expansion update available? I found that to be a HUGE upgrade to the mono sample IF there's room for it in the mix. Sometimes it can muck things up, but generally speaking it's a major major improvement.

Archived