Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone seen a deal on a low cost 76 key weighted action/graded hammer effect keyboard?
    Maarkr HW: Privia Pro PX-5S, Casio XW-P1, Juno-G, Lucina... Epiphone Les Paul, Schecter Hellraiser C-1, Peavey Valve King 112, Mesa Boogie 2x12, Ovation Celebrity, Ibanez Gio Bass... Alesis D5 EDrums, Yamaha HS-80s w sub, Saffire Pro 24 thru Mackie Big Knob; Live: Behringer B315D, Peavey PV118D, Roland KC550, Zoom R-16...etc. SW: Reason 6, Sonar X3, Reaper, Acid Pro, IKMultimedia , UAD1...

Comment

Venom on cyber Monday (Sunday) @ Amazon for $189.99 see here, last item on the list

http://news.yahoo.com/amazon-cyber-m...144725896.html
      Korg Kronos 73, Korg Trinity Plus, Roland V-Synth GT, Roland V-Synth, Korg Z1, Korg MS2000BR, Waldorf mQ Phoenix Edition, Waldorf Microwave XT

Comment

The Venom price on m-audio.com is good until Monday. I wonder if they are selling some at a loss for marketing purposes, or if the profit margin on that synth is fairly significant.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean
          View Post

Very tempting price for what you get.

In the specs at the very bootom, it says it has 512MB of RAM. Then I realized that's the original spec (it actually has 2GB already installed and it's expandable up to 4GB).

3.2GHZ Intel Pentium CPU must be damn fast.

My only gripe is the integrated graphics card, but it says it's got 2 PCI slots. So you could upgrade to a separate graphics card.

So basically if you could afford 2 more GBs of RAM *and* a graphics card, I would snap it. Even more so if graphics isn't important to you.

Just get rid of that pre-installed Norton sh*t as soon as you get it and install Avast free

Good find!

I bought one. We'll see. I'm not a gamer, so graphics aren't huge to me. It is a smaller profile, so I don't know if full sized PCI cards will fit. Probably not.

I'll let you know my impressions when I get it.
          "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Lozada
            View Post

And excuse my spam... but perhaps this may be interesting too, to some of You:

http://altoproaudio.com/blackfriday

I don't consider that spam at all. I appreciate every link to a good deal.
            "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard
              View Post

I don't shop on line

I don't live in the US

But if I did I would buy one in a heart beat at that price

I'm sure one of the kind souls here at HC would be happy to buy it, then carefully ship it to you, wherever you are.

Not me, of course, but somebody here....

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by minimoog
                View Post

Thanx Guz????? !

WHO CARED ENOUGH TO POST IT WAY BEFORE ?? UHH?? UH???!!

FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS!!! WHO ??? WHO??!!!!!!!! :

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by maarkr
                  View Post

anyone seen a deal on a low cost 76 key weighted action/graded hammer effect keyboard?

I don't know how much of a deal it is, but they sure do play nice.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keybo...oller-keyboard

They hold up well also, so a used one will most likely feel good.

Edit to add:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ybody-tried-it

Post #11 from j_e_f_f_g shows the frustration of what you are looking for.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaholic
                    View Post

I'm sure one of the kind souls here at HC would be happy to buy it, then carefully ship it to you, wherever you are.

Not me, of course, but somebody here....

These days I pick up from source... Transporter issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4e5vFeHJkM
                    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Are the 12 voices on the Venom split among the four parts or is it 12 voices four each of the four parts? I noticed it has a USB audio/midi interface built in. Geez $200 is nuts for all that. I just don't need it at all or even have room for it.
                      Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaholic
                        View Post

I bought one. We'll see. I'm not a gamer, so graphics aren't huge to me. It is a smaller profile, so I don't know if full sized PCI cards will fit. Probably not.

I'll let you know my impressions when I get it.

Congratulations!

Please let me know whenever you can.

I do video and my laptop isn't powerful enough (post-processing a 1-minute-long full HD vid takes like an hour or so). It's a Gateway, dual-core AMD Athlon CPU at 1.70GHz and 1.93GB of RAM.

I'm interested to know how fast your 3.2GHz Pentium 4 CPU will be. I will never use AMD again.

I didn't know PCI cards come in different sizes. If a regular-size graphics card can't be used, it'll be a problem.

Thanks again
                        Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
                        You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
                        Click here to search HC forums.
                        SoundClick
                        SoundCloud
                        YouTube

Comment

$200 for a Venom is great!

currently do not have the room though which is too bad as I quite like it. a 25-key or desktop version would be nice.
                          http://soundcloud.com/liliththekitten

Comment

Had to grab a Venom right after Gus posted the link for the price. Didn't need it but Anderton's voluminous review, the online demos, and the online patch community sold me on the little beast. It's missing aftertouch but I'll survive. The performance features, patch blending feature, and decent routing make it a nice new addition.

I can't wait to try patch blending. I really like Soundtower's genetics algorithm, so if this provides any result close enough to that it will be great.
                            I synth, therefore I am.

Comment

Not a Black Friday, but looks like a steal if you know a little electronics repair:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wurl...61109979620%26

Comment

Full disclosure - I work at Sweetwater (I'm a buyer there).

Sweetwater Sound still has a bunch of deals through Monday, including Alesis Q49 for $49, some ridiculous software synth deals, and more here.

Comment

Working...
                                X