Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

You would hade more high paying Gig's 0r more gigs if you had what gear??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You would hade more high paying Gig's 0r more gigs if you had what gear??

You would hade more high paying Gig's 0r more gigs if you had what gear??

P.S you can include a Joke if you want but just don't forguet the original question happy H .
    Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !

Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1

A manager
    My VCAs go to 11

Comment

best reponse I have ever seen on HC . I consider you now a superior human

Comment

A female singer.

Comment

A contract with a label.

A different location.

Less distractions and more time.

I think most or even everybody here has all the gear they need. Cats in England are making albums with Logic on an iMac. It's just other lifestyle crap that gets in the way.
          https://soundcloud.com/jersey-blokeDSI Mopho X4Elektron Analog FourAkai MPC 2500StudioLive 16.0.2 Digital MixerAllen & Heath Xone VF-1 Analog Stereo FilterStudio One V2.5 Professional EditionAbleton Live 9 Standard

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikB
            View Post

Less distractions and more time.

I think most or even everybody here has all the gear they need. Cats in England are making albums with Logic on an iMac. It's just other lifestyle crap that gets in the way.

Yup. All you need besides the gear is more time (making music instead of starting 50 threads a month here) and some kind of image gimmick like a silly helmet (deadmau5), silly hairdo (Skrillex), etc. if you're not a cute girl.

Comment

more than new gear, a good singer/front person/entertainer get's you more bookings and better paydays.

also...if you have a drummer...a really good one can really lift a band's status.
              http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Talent but I have not seen it on sale anywhere!
                The further away I am, the better I sound....

Comment

I need a pair of new, virginal eardrums. Playing music in my condition is like being the proverbial one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Although I still do kick the ass, on occasion (sometimes you kick the ass, sometimes the ass kicks YOU).
                  Gear: a room full of really LOUD plastic crap

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by theGman
                    View Post

A female singer.

So true! I just quit a country band led by three female vocal/instrumentalists plus myself on bass and a male drummer. Previously I was in a blues/swing band with a female vocalist and long ago a top 40 band with two females up front. All these bands consistently worked more often and for better money than other bands I've been in.
                    My VCAs go to 11

Comment

A car.
                      Gear: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn

Comment

A 20-year-old body again.

Comment

We are talking about gear, but does answers make cents and are valid

Comment

I humbly submit that you are asking the wrong question.

Remove the word "gear" and replace with any of the following:

Skill, training, education, background, discipline, courtesy, experience and/or talent.

In my own experience, I have yet to meet a brilliant player or composer who cannot find work for lack of cool gear.

What I have encountered more than once is a brilliant player or composer who has difficulty getting gigs due to poor communication skills, bad manners or a lack of common sense.

Gear = tools for doing a job. Usually people who are good at a job manage to obtain adequate tools for performing the job.

In this day and age anyone can afford decent tools for creating music, even if at first you have to earn the money doing something other than music.

A few nights working as a waiter or bartender per week for a few months should allow anyone to afford a cheap Dell laptop, a DAW and/or an affordable keyboard.

(Yes you might have to do that waitering as a 2nd job, but I can attest from firsthand experience it is quite doable.)

Comment

Yes my question was about "gear"

P.S Gulp, the one and only Dave Weiser?

Comment

Working...
                              X