Leslie afficianados: Please look at this 21h video!

• Members

https://www.facebook.com/cody.smith.58367116/videos/vb.1181818023/10202578359478495/

...and see what you can ascertain from it, even though it is paired with a guitar. I have a shot at buying it for what I think is a good price for the SE market. I don't yet know the serial # or whether it has the 20 watt amp or the Series 3 30 watt amp. I know the video alone is not much to go on but I'm not going to bug the seller anymore until I'm there with cash in hand ready to make an offer.

edited: sorry, can't seem to get the FB video to imbed properly.

• Members

Hard to say much about it with that video. I didn't spot anything of concern except the missing back panel screws. Rick and tonewheel general sells replacements. It appears to be "all there", but remember, a vintage Leslie like this should have the amp gone over.

Most Leslies modified for use by guitards tend to have the amps ripped up. That is not the case with this one. Get the cable if you can. Leslie cable is expense, but sometimes old cable like this is cracky on the inside, you need to check.

Wes

• Members

Thanks Wes, I plan on posting the video in the Organ Forum as soon as the mods approve me as a member. Just from the brief glance in the video one of the hotshots there may be able to ID the amp or tubes. The horn doesn't seem to be distorted (to my trashed ears, anyway) and the amp certainly doesn't look as cruddy as some I have seen. He bought it from a church 15 years ago and never got to hear it until a few months ago when someone came over with a preamp and he made the video.

I used to own a 22h with a Speakeasy preamp and it was very sweet-sounding, other than it's weak bass response. The 21h's with the field coil woofers have a good rep for bass, AFAIK (and assuming properly maintained).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived