Tired of NE3 action, should I get a SK1?

vitulano

• Members

Hi guys, so thats my question for those who know boht models, I d love to have a Hammond Xk3c but I can't find it in my country ( Argentina ), so< has the SK1 a less stiffer-much pleasent keyboard action for organ purposes?. I need more expresion.

Thanks a lot!!

• Members

Hi guys, so thats my question for those who know boht models, I d love to have a Hammond Xk3c but I can't find it in my country ( Argentina ), so< has the SK1 a less stiffer-much pleasent keyboard action for organ purposes?. I need more expresion.

Thanks a lot!!

the roland vr 700 has one of the best waterfall organ actions in the biz. It also has way more options on sounds than either the XKs and the nords. Is it a better board ,, that all depends on what you need for the show. real drawbars is a big plus

• Members

I agree. The SK1 (61 or 73) action is less stiff (and therefore, to me, better) than the similar action on the NE3 (non-hammer); but the Roland VR700 feels better than either. As to which of these boards are the best (other than in action), it depends what you need. I like the Nord's piano and sample library. I like that the Roland's 76 includes a low E, but don't like how bulky and heavy the Roland is. etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok guys, ,mmm very interesting... You know, these days I ve reconsidered the idea of buying a XK3 overseas, Id love the XK3c only if the action is better than the XK3, if the action is the same I;d buy a Ventilator and stick with the XK3, in the whole, i will save 500 dls.aprox I can t try them so I;d love to hear the experience of those who tried both.

Thanks!!!

Archived