Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about the voicelive touch? Any hands on experiences?

All I know is the VL2 was great - the sax player in my band was using one - but sadly the footswitch broke the first month
    Quiztones Frequency Identification Ear Trainer + iOS App Available in the App Store Now!
    -
    Recording, Mixing & Production Blog: Articles, Tips, and Reviews | The Pro Audio Files
    -
    Printable Staff Paper | STAFFNOTES

Comment

• Hi, I am either not a native English speaker nor very competent in this field. I've seen that this thread concerned the VL2 and would like to find some help...

I have ordered a pedal board in which my VL2 will be included.

I am going to use a G-Lab GSC-3 to manage the pedals sounds with basically 3 settings: Jazz, Blues and ballads. I'd like to recall from the footswitches of the controller the associated vocals : I mean: when I press one => guitar jazz style + VL2 jazz style; 2 guitar Blues style + VL2 blues style for main vocal..

However, I do not know which parameters ( comp ?, delay, ...????) should I modify to create these 3 settings... such vocal settings do exist on the voice tone create.....but no way to have the settings to achieve these sounds...and I am not going to buy a voice tone while having the VL2 which is more complete...

Thanks a lot for those of yu who will take some time to give me some indications on where to search and what to modify

Chris .
      Chris
      San Martino -Parma
      Italy

Comment

• I am probably stupid, but do not understand anything
        Chris
        San Martino -Parma
        Italy

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ajbbklyn
          View Post

I'd be interested in hearing what settings you used. I checked the manual's details section under the Expression tab. The only info they show is for sweep style expression pedals - either keyboard or guitar types. It looks like harmony level can be controlled in a sweep manor after pedal calibration. This would simply be riding the parameter level (in this case, harmony) using values 0-127. How did you achieve a momentary "on/off" effect with a sustain pedal?

I just happened to have the pedal next to me so I booted up. I honestly don't remember what I did exactly, but I do remember calibrating the pedal which, yes is a simple all the way on and all the way off. I went here:

- Setup

- Expression (last tab)

- Global Expr-Pedal (Harm+Dbl Level)

From here you can calibrate the pedal

I then set each patch with a default of the harmony being on. When you first boot the VL2 up your patch will have harmonies even though you haven't pushed the sustain pedal down. I have to step on and off it 3-5 times before it behaves, but once it reacts properly it will do so as long as it's powered up.

There is one more thing where originally when I set it up I could hear harmonies in the reverb even when the harmonies were not active with the sustain pedal. The VL2 wasn't recognizing the momentary switch with the reverb and routing harmonies to it all the time. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to stop this and don't want to mess up my patches by screwing around with it now. I'm wondering if it was the "early reflections" setting in the reverb tab as I seem to have them all set to "off".
          PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
          Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
          www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by abzurd
            View Post

There is one more thing where originally when I set it up I could hear harmonies in the reverb even when the harmonies were not active with the sustain pedal. The VL2 wasn't recognizing the momentary switch with the reverb and routing harmonies to it all the time. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to stop this and don't want to mess up my patches by screwing around with it now. I'm wondering if it was the "early reflections" setting in the reverb tab as I seem to have them all set to "off".

I don't have the VL2 in front of me, but there should be a parameter in the Reverb tab called "Harmony to Reverb," or something like that, that controls the level of the harmonies being sent to the reverb. If it's not there, it could be in the Harmony tab.

That almost sounds like a bug, though. I would think that the desired behavior would be that the reverb of the harmonies would track with harmonies level. Maybe the reverb send is "pre fader," when it should be post, in this case? I don't think my brain is firing the way it should yet this morning, though, so I could be way off.

Matthew

Comment

• Just in case you want to update to the latest software, TC Helicon has released the software for VoiceLive 2. IT has many fixes, updates, and has added a looper.

I have updated mine and I have not found any problems to date.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/

Enjoy!!

Comment

• Dear Jon, I really liked what you did on Danny Boy. I noticed some issues at the end and was just wondering. I can tell a real difference in the smoothness of the processor when playing along with a guitar. So heres an idea I don't know if it will work. Send the out put of your sound card with just the piano or rhythm into the guitar input of the TC. Turn the guitar down in the output of the TC with just your vocals going back into your computer. Or what ever your using. If your already doing this sorry for wasting your time. Im learning how to use this processor as i go. All trade secrets are welcome I love to learn. Glen h

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Im new here, and im from Brazil

I just got a VL2 and im having some problems

im usin my acustic guitar to set the key, just like all videos in youtube show, and almost presets i just cant get on tune.

id like to know if i have to utrn on the pitch key every time i utr on the VL2.

is this the right way to use it?

i just got it and i know i can even sing without the guitar on it, but its not working.

i have download the last firmaware ad updated it, but i havent still played with the pitch key on..

is this my mystake?

can you help me guys?

thanks!!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by fustercluk
                    View Post

Helicon has added a looper now to the VoiceLive 2. Also they have made improvments and fixes. Check it out.

I have updated mine and the looping is way to cool!!

http://www.tc-helicon.com/

Enjoy!!

I have a JamMan Looper and I would like to het a Harmonizer pedal sometime early in the year. I have been looking at the Harmony GXT pedal for price and supposed ease of live playing. I know how much better the VL2 is but it is significantly out of my price range. However, if the looper function of the VL2 can replace my JamMan that would help a lot with some of the money as well as setup.

Has anyone compared the Looper function with a dedicated "2 button" looper?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by 335BoB
                      View Post

I have a JamMan Looper and I would like to het a Harmonizer pedal sometime early in the year. I have been looking at the Harmony GXT pedal for price and supposed ease of live playing. I know how much better the VL2 is but it is significantly out of my price range. However, if the looper function of the VL2 can replace my JamMan that would help a lot with some of the money as well as setup.

Has anyone compared the Looper function with a dedicated "2 button" looper?

I've found the looper fun to play around with, but more of a novelty than a serious looper. You can use it for performances as long as A) your loops are short (less than 15 seconds in stereo or 30 mono) and 2) You don't need to save anything. I've also had mixed results with getting the timing just right. I also own a Boss RC-50 looper and it is much easier to nail timing than the "stomp box" style buttons on the VL2.
                      PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
                      Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
                      www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by abzurd
                        View Post

I've found the looper fun to play around with, but more of a novelty than a serious looper. You can use it for performances as long as A) your loops are short (less than 15 seconds in stereo or 30 mono) and 2) You don't need to save anything. I've also had mixed results with getting the timing just right. I also own a Boss RC-50 looper and it is much easier to nail timing than the "stomp box" style buttons on the VL2.

Interesting to hear your comment on the "stonp box" style buttons. When I got my JamMan they were being discontinued because the new stereo unit was coming out. I was concerned about those hard switches compared to the smooth silent switching of the jamMan.

Anyway. I apprecaite your comments on the looper capabilities of the VL2. I haven't tried to save any loops yet but I'm having a lot of fun playing live with it.

Comment

• Hoping to see a Patch Editor Software for this one soon...are there any?
                          My Babies:Fender American Strat Deluxe Ibanez Jem7vWH, BTB555MP, Epiphone LP Standard, Sheraton II NA ,Squire Strat, Ovation C2078LX Custom Elite, GR-20, GT-10, CS-3, DS-1, DD-7, RV-5, FDR1, OD-3, GE-7, FS-6,Krank Distortus Maximus, Ibanez WD-7,Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, IBanez Jamini, Fender '79 DUal Showman Reverb SilverFace, M-Audio ProjectMix I/0, BX5a, Nova, Samson C03, Shure SM58, SM 57

Comment

• Hello All,

Brand new to the forum and brand new to the Voicelive2. Just picked mine up. I'm less of a gig guy and more of a home studio guy. I really want to be able to use this with my DAW software, which currently is Samplitude. I am getting frustrated with trying to set it up the way I want, and now am starting to doubt if I even can. Reaching out to the wealth of knowledge out there for some help, but please remember, I'm brand new so go easy on me...

What I have is:

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (USB) set up and working perfectly.

VL2 (USB connection made)

Computer

What I want to do is

1) be able to play a music soundtrack from my DAW into headphones but also to feed the vocal harmonizer, sing and record along with it using whatever effects I choose, but NOT have it mix the voice and music back together on the record track. I just want the voice to record. For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

2) take previously recorded voice from my DAW software and run it through VL2 for effects, and re-record it back on another track.

If I can manage those two things, I'm a happy guy.

Here's what I've done so far:

Update the firmware on the VL2 to the latest.

Install the ASIO4ALL driver, so my DAW software can see the VL2

Hoping someone can help.

Comment

• Hi Papa, there is a learning curve to using the Voicelive 2 with recording. I had a long post about it, but due to the various incarnations of this forum, it's been lost. Here's the thing, first, record the vocal, forget the Voicelive while recorinding. After you've recorded a lead vocal that is great, without pitch problems, etc, then, take that vocal and run it through the Voicelive. Read the manual carefully, since they explain there the different modes that you can use to just have harmonies minus the vocal. Also, for harmonies make sure that the melodic line you're singing is pretty straight, minus vocal articulations. Those don't translate well into the Voicelive 2.

If you really want to try to do this while recording the vocal, you don't need the USB, you just need a good mixing board. Assign an auxiliary to the Voicelive 2, and monitor the sound from the voicelive with the rest of the mix, but the only thing that's going to recording is your vocal. If you don't have a mixing board, your options diminish greatly...

So, hopefully this will give you some food for thought, and this thread is full of great information, I would also suggest going through it meticulously...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by PapaGz
                                View Post

Hello All,

Brand new to the forum and brand new to the Voicelive2. Just picked mine up. I'm less of a gig guy and more of a home studio guy. I really want to be able to use this with my DAW software, which currently is Samplitude. I am getting frustrated with trying to set it up the way I want, and now am starting to doubt if I even can. Reaching out to the wealth of knowledge out there for some help, but please remember, I'm brand new so go easy on me...

What I have is:

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (USB) set up and working perfectly.

VL2 (USB connection made)

Computer

What I want to do is

1) be able to play a music soundtrack from my DAW into headphones but also to feed the vocal harmonizer, sing and record along with it using whatever effects I choose, but NOT have it mix the voice and music back together on the record track. I just want the voice to record. For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

2) take previously recorded voice from my DAW software and run it through VL2 for effects, and re-record it back on another track.

If I can manage those two things, I'm a happy guy.

Here's what I've done so far:

Update the firmware on the VL2 to the latest.

Install the ASIO4ALL driver, so my DAW software can see the VL2

Hoping someone can help.

Hi guys , i'm hoping someone will give a comprehensive answer to this question , i have the same problem , i want to add vocals to a song that i'm collabing on using the VL2 , then recording onto a spare track on a BR-800 Digital Recorder , i dont want the song going through the VL2 effects , and i dont want the song and vocal recorded together , this is a great forum , wish i'd found it earlier , it certainly made my mind up about buying the VL2 , its amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X