Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

29766624

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi folks,

    Since the venomsynth.com forum is moderated before posting and not being updated for almost half a year now,

    I took the initiative to create a group at Yahoo where we can post user patches and banks, or even some Q&A forum.

    I also took the freedom to copy some of Craigs wonderful writings from here, since this is very valuable info! (Craig, let me know if you do not wish so, then I remove).








    So please, if you have any great patches or banks, post them here:

    http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/venomsynth/




    I really love the synth ! :-)

    The concept is great ! So I don't want it all to be lost because of bad moderation or support...

    Comment


    • Hey everyone!



      I stumbled upon this excellent thread a bit too late it seems. Tomorrow marks the arrival of my own new, little Venom! Nevertheless, despite the fact that my new baby is an orphan (since it's parents are abandoning it), I plan to squeeze every ounce of juice from it until it gets vintage status or it explodes while I destroy some sound on it.

      So I registered on the forums to post my question in the hopes that someone can take the time to help me out. So here is my setup:

      1) 15-inch Macbook Pro running Lion Mountain and Logic Pro 9

      2) PC running Windows 7 64-bit and Ableton Live 8



      After searching extensively through M-Audio's/AVID's site as well as the Vyzex support site, I am dazed and confused as to which software I need to upgrade to.

      I was able to find these downloads on the M-Audio site:

      Mac driver/firmware installer version 1.8.7

      Windows driver/installer version Installer: 1.0.13 - Driver: 5.10.0.5142



      However, I don't see Vyzex anywhere and I'm sure that there is a newer version than the one that will come on the CD... Where can I get Vyzex?

      Could someone please point me in the right direction so I can get the latest updates for the software/drivers/firmware for both platforms?



      Thanks in advance and thanks so much to the original poster for this awesome, enthusiastic review and detailed analysis.



      Cheers,

      Mene

      Comment








      • Quote Originally Posted by mesty
        View Post

        Hey everyone!



        I stumbled upon this excellent thread a bit too late it seems. Tomorrow marks the arrival of my own new, little Venom! Nevertheless, despite the fact that my new baby is an orphan (since it's parents are abandoning it), I plan to squeeze every ounce of juice from it until it gets vintage status or it explodes while I destroy some sound on it.




        Orphan or not, it's a great synth.








        However, I don't see Vyzex anywhere and I'm sure that there is a newer version than the one that will come on the CD... Where can I get Vyzex?



        Here you go. That site has the most recent versions for Mac and Windows. I've tested with Windows 7 and it works fine, as well as with Snow Leopard on the Mac. I have no idea about Lion Mountain compatibility, or compatibility with the upcoming Hello Kitty update (just kidding). Please report back on whether it works for you with Mountain Lion.



        And welcome to the thread! Better late than never.
        Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

        Subscribe, like, and share the links!

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
          View Post

          Orphan or not, it's a great synth.







          Here you go. That site has the most recent versions for Mac and Windows. I've tested with Windows 7 and it works fine, as well as with Snow Leopard on the Mac. I have no idea about Lion Mountain compatibility, or compatibility with the upcoming Hello Kitty update (just kidding). Please report back on whether it works for you with Mountain Lion.



          And welcome to the thread! Better late than never.




          Thank you! I will definitely let you know if it works with Mountain Lion (fingers crossed)!

          Comment


          • Anybody tried Ardour (Ubuntu Linux) interfacing?

            Comment


            • Well, I got the Venom about 4 hours ago and everything seems to be working perfectly in Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (insert roar here)! Vyzex works flawlessly and the Venom is recognized both as an audio and a midi interface by the OS and Logic Pro.

              The only thing that sucks is I'll be going to work tomorrow morning with who knows many hours of sleep... :P

              I'll report back once I get a chance to put it through it's paces and test the stability.



              Cheers,

              mesty

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by mesty
                View Post

                Well, I got the Venom about 4 hours ago and everything seems to be working perfectly in Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (insert roar here)! Vyzex works flawlessly and the Venom is recognized both as an audio and a midi interface by the OS and Logic Pro.



                Cheers,

                mesty




                Great news, thanks for the update!
                Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                Comment


                • Happy to say, that I just purchased a Venom. I've always wanted a synthesizer, and the price was right.



                  I've been a musician for about 50 years, but have limited knowledge about synthesizers. I've been reading the included documents, but I'm also interested in finding a basic book on learning how to use/program a synthesizer. I've searched online, but want to make sure that I get one, which would go well with the Venom. Can someone on this forum, please recommend a book for me?



                  Thanks,



                  Dennis

                  Comment








                  • Quote Originally Posted by surfunk
                    View Post

                    Happy to say, that I just purchased a Venom. I've always wanted a synthesizer, and the price was right.



                    I've been a musician for about 50 years, but have limited knowledge about synthesizers. I've been reading the included documents, but I'm also interested in finding a basic book on learning how to use/program a synthesizer. I've searched online, but want to make sure that I get one, which would go well with the Venom. Can someone on this forum, please recommend a book for me?



                    Thanks,



                    Dennis




                    I'm not really up on which books are current. I've always wanted to write one, though...anyway, this book + DVD set was just released. There are many aspects of Venom that I'm sure aren't covered, but for a general understanding of how synthesis works, it looks promising.
                    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                    Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                    Comment


                    • Thanks, Craig. I'll add that choice to my list of possible books to purchase.



                      -Dennis

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by godyn
                        View Post

                        Hi folks,

                        Since the venomsynth.com forum is moderated before posting and not being updated for almost half a year now,

                        I took the initiative to create a group at Yahoo where we can post user patches and banks, or even some Q&A forum.

                        I also took the freedom to copy some of Craigs wonderful writings from here, since this is very valuable info! (Craig, let me know if you do not wish so, then I remove).







                        I really love the synth ! :-)

                        The concept is great ! So I don't want it all to be lost because of bad moderation or support...





                        Does anybody have news why the forums are not updated anymore? Or where do you post topics about the Venom? (not here)

                        Comment


                        • Just got mine yesterday. Also on OS X 10.8.2 with no problems. Pretty neat little board, and well worth my wife's bitching
                          [Z?]
                          http://soundcloud.com/mus0r

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by GloomGenerator
                            View Post

                            Just got mine yesterday. Also on OS X 10.8.2 with no problems. Pretty neat little board, and well worth my wife's bitching




                            Just point out how much you saved compared to what it cost originally. There's something about "honey, I just saved hundreds of dollars!" that always seems to have some kind of magical effect.
                            Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                            Comment


                            • Love this synth...! I Just got it a week or so ago, took a few days into it to get used to the editor but... very cool. Great work by you guys on this one.



                              Background, my Access Virus TI had buggy siftware, my Nord Lead2x didn't get as close to my Waldorf Microwave XTK; soft synths are ok, one of my favorites there is the FM7(8) and another Predator.



                              I can't believe I grabbed this for $200 new. This is really close to all the things I want in a synth WITHOUT spending $3000 for it.



                              Craig your reviews re this little monster were excellent and by the time I got to the part about it getting dropped by Avid, bad Avid...!

                              Wonder how my (Euphonix) controllers will hold up re support...?



                              Excellent synth, def a keeper, no worries.



                              Now, how can I save the Global Tuning and Tap Tempo on this thing!? Hmmm. (The Vyzer forum is down I guess, currently I have the Vyzex 1.11 editor. Tony?)



                              This synth is so close to what I have been looking for, somebody is bound to 're-invent' it by adding a zero ... or sumpin...



                              Cool. Thanks again.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                                View Post

                                Just point out how much you saved compared to what it cost originally. There's something about "honey, I just saved hundreds of dollars!" that always seems to have some kind of magical effect.




                                Funny how the " spending to save" thing only seems to apply to purses and shoes, but not music gear .
                                Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

                                Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X