Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiTech RP355 Power Supply

No response to this in the FX forum.

Guitarist says the power supply is going out on his RP355. Calls for 9vac. I have a 12vac supply available, but I wonder if that would be safe. I have used 12VDC supplies on 9VDC units in the past, knowing that solid state electronics have a bit of tolerance for supply voltage. But that was my choice, on my gear. 33% voltage increase might be too much for his pedal. Does anyone know if 12vac would work or not?
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

The right ones only $11 here. http://www.rakuten.com/prod/hqrp-ac-...FUMF7Aod6VUAJQ

Why take a chance on blowing the bridge rectifier diodes or overloading the filter caps. 12V is only three volts more but I found its the current rating that the most important item. Even between different 9v supplies you can go from weak operation to a bad hum if the current rating isn't correct. I personally wouldn't complicate the matter.

By the way, I have fixed old wall warts before, either replacing the jack or cracking one open to fix the open wire right where it meets the unit.

Comment

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with his PS. I think it's his cord. But he asked me, so I thought I'd throw it out there. And I'm not taking any risks. It's his unit, and he'd be making any decisions on the matter.
      Last edited by isaac42; 05-24-2014, 12:12 PM.
      "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
      -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
      -- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
      X