HSS Stratocaster -- Desired: 2 volume knobs

Mcfontio

• Members

For those of you who have these guitars, do you notice a big jump in volume when you switch between the bucker and the singles?

And what of the suggested 500k for the buckers and 250k for the singles?

Check this out: Two volume strat

This is ultimately what I want to do -- Sort of. I have a concentric 250 and a concentric 500 that I was hoping to turn into volume and tones for their respective -- suggested pickups. But there's a total vacume of information it seems for setups like this.

• Moderators

Anything you do will alter the sound. Using concentric pots would be quite nice. Just make sure the knobs aren't too high, which might block the tremolo bar from turning. I also use an HSS strat. I made the humbucker more balanced by lowering the pickup height.

• Members

The concentric knobs look like they're barely going to clear the bar. The pickup height is a good idea to balance the output but I'd rather have a volume.. You know, start rippin into a solo and I'm going to want that boosted output. :thu: I do generally use the volume pedal for that but.... It would still be cool to bring in more output when desired.

HSS-2volumes.png

I should be able to wire in the 250 tone pot exactly like the 500k tone pot.. right?

• Members

I should be able to wire in the 250 tone pot exactly like the 500k tone pot.. right?

Yes, correct. Just run a wire from the 'top' lug of the volume pot to the 'bottom' lug of the tone pot. Just be aware that both tone controls will be active if you run the humbucker and single coil pickups together.

Archived