Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this adapter hold my handheld recorder securely on the end of a boom ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this adapter hold my handheld recorder securely on the end of a boom ?

Sorry for such a mundane question. I want to mount my Olympus LS-100 (about 8 ounces I think) on the end of a boom stand so it can nose into tight spots both high and low. Right now I have it on a tabletop tripod.

Here is the amazon link for the On Stage CM01 adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...x=3&isremote=0

What about this Audio-Technica adapter. Would it mount to the end of a boom and hold a recorder with camera threads ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks,

Dave
    indigo_dave

Does the Olympus LS-100 have a threaded receptacle that would connect to an adapter like that?

Comment

I went to the Olympus site and looked up your recorder. It appears to have a stock camera tripod mount on the back:

As near as I can tell, the Audio Technica adapter is meant for standard 5/8" mic threads at BOTH ends, which is too big for what you have on the back of your recorder. I would try the On Stage Stand adapter that you linked to first - that looks like it should work - it's 5/8" at one end, and the smaller diameter you need for the camera / recorder mount on the other end.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks Phil. I ordered the boom stand (On Stage) and will order their adapter soon.
        indigo_dave

Comment

Cool - let us know how it works please Dave.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Phil, just thought I'd let you know that the CM01 did the trick. I also got a rolling boom stand with an extension arm. With the LS-100 mounted on the extension arm and the rolling stand, I can easily fine tune the positioning of the recorder.

Thanks for your advice.

Dave
            indigo_dave

Comment

I use one of thee - fits into the standard threaded hole... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=REG&A=details

I think you'd probably have more control with the other one, though.
              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
              My cover band

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD

Comment

Working...
              X