Way OT: FTL

1001gear

• Members

Gotta read it slowly and carefully. They are not saying they've tricked light into going faster than the speed of light. It's more like they've somehow slowed the propagated waves of light through the surrounding medium so the source of the light catches up and busts through the propagated waves. Makes this huge standing wave for a second, like a sonic boom, but with light.

Or sumpin' 'long those lines....

nat

• Members
Gotta read it slowly and carefully. They are not saying they've tricked light into going faster than the speed of light. It's more like they've somehow slowed the propagated waves of light through the surrounding medium so the source of the light catches up and busts through the propagated waves. Makes this huge standing wave for a second, like a sonic boom, but with light.

After that post, if you told me you were the author of "Physics for Dummies" I would believe you.

• Members

Or sumpin' 'long those lines....

nat

That seems to be the case. They made a hologram. I was hoping for something like light can exceed C. It just can't be observed doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived