Does anyone here run an indie label?

geek_usa

• Members

Just curious. I've been wanting to get onto a label for awhile now and some promotion...

I've got some early stuff on my solo myspace right now - the newer stuff I've been working on is much much better but it's not quite finished yet.

I've been somewhat successful in selling albums myself...so far i've sold about 30 out of my car and at shows. only about 10% of those were sold on the internet.

anyone have a label or know someone that does? thanks!

• Members

Wellll......I really don't have a record label....but I did release some Burmese music last year on what Blueberry Buddha Records. This is really hard-to-get music that accompanies marionette shows. I was just sitting on this stuff that I thought was fantastic and odd and would have an audience, a very specific, select audience. So I've sold a couple of hundred of these, not bad. That's over a year, so it's not flying off the shelves exactly, and the sales have dropped off markedly since just about anyone who would have any interest in this admittedly "outsider" music would have found it by now. I may put out some more Burmese music later this year.

• Members

i own an indie label for sunridge studios, with facilities for everything from mastering, production, graphics and art prep, pressing and delivery of commercial-ready CDs, to marketing and distribution. what services are you looking for?

Archived