McCartney - Suicide

• Members

Had me going for a second. I thought, from the thread title, maybe he got depressed over losing Heather Mills and having to watch her on "Dancing With The Stars"...

:D

Yah... I have to say I find that "relationship" to be pretty depressing -- and I've never felt all that close to Paul (own a coupleof his LPs, respect him greatly, mind you, wrote/co-wrote some very, very great songs).

But, you know, Paul was one of the people who couldn't see what the problem with Alan B. Klein's business leadership was until it was WAY past too late... Great songwriters do not necessarily make good businessmen -- or even appropriately wary, rich, older lovers...

[sigh]

• Members

But, you know, Paul was one of the people who couldn't see what the problem with Alan B. Klein's business leadership was until it was WAY past too late...

Huh? Paul was the only Beatle who didn't want to deal with Klein.

I've always thought Paul had a pretty good head on his shoulders, until he took up with Heather... really a bad move but then I felt badly for him losing Linda... and I'm sure he hadn't really had enough time to regain his sanity after that, although one probably wouldn't realize it under the circumstances. :(

• Members

word. Having just finished reading a lengthy bio of them a month or two ago, I seem to recall it was Lennon who really pushed Klein on the guys, especially George and Ringo, because it wasn't Paul's girlfriend's Dad, and John had a bit of an upper hand because they other three were getting quite tired of Paul always stepping up to the front and running the show; bringing Linda's dad in was just a bit much, at that point.

That's a part that was really sad, for me... Yoko was driving that wedge between the band and John, yet John was making nasty efforts to keep Paul and Linda's relationship in check concerning the rest of the band.

Still... Paul's my favorite.

• Members

Paul rejected Klein. He wanted Lee Eastman. It's Beatle's common knowledge. End of story.

Paul may have made a few bad business decisions but I'd say he has done fairly well as a Billionaire. And I don't believe any Beatle was a Billionaire at the time the band broke up.

Jed

• Members

Of course, at the time the Beatles broke up, there were precious few billionaires, period. Heck, if you had a million dollars in assets, you were considered quite well off back in '70, and even moreso if you were a millionaire in terms of pounds.

Like the Austin Powers gag where Dr. Evil (after being frozen since the 60s) demands one MILLION dollars, and they all laugh at him.

Archived