Click on email link, have it go to Yahoo email

LiveMusic

• CMS Author
I use Firefox. If I click on an email link on a page, it opens up MS Outlook. Is there any way to make it fire up Yahoo email?

They used to have a little program you could run (I think it modified a Windows Registry entry) but they dropped that. If you want to make Yahoo your default mail program, you have to install the Yahoo toolbar. Then, you can un-install the Yahoo toolbar if you don't want it, but it will leave Yahoo as one of the default mail client choices in Internet Properties/Programs (in the Windows Control Panel).

• Members

Why not use Thunderbird and use it to access your Yahoo account or configure Outlook to do the job?

Yahoo Directions.

Outlook Directions.

Other than that, I believe you have to set the email preference in your OS and I don't know if Windows will allow a web based email client as default. When I do run Windows Thunderbird is my default, not Outlook or Outlook Express.

• Members

Yahoo Toolbar -- Yucko!! Almost as bad as Symantec Corp! - - constant barrage of crap & extreme suction on your CPU bandwidth.

If it weren't for that, I'd consider using Yahoo's other services - - I do use Yahoo at work for finding technical data (Google isn't good at that -- they invariably steer you to vendors who want to sell you stuff).

But until they get over this attitude of "it's not your computer, it's ours, and we'll fill it up with useless bloated {censored} if we feel like it!", I don't believe I have any use for their other stuff.

Archived