My son and Radiohead animated video contest

• Members

http://www.aniboom.com/Player.aspx?v=197459

My son recently finished an animation degree, and Radiohead is having a contest to create an animated video for them on AniBoom.

So in one way I am playing the proud papa, but on the other hand I really like what he has done. The first round is called the animatics, which is like an animated comic book. Winners from this round will be given a budget to complete a 1 minute portion of their entry.

I hope you might take a look (and raise his views), AND you get to listen to Radiohead's "All I Need". Thanks! - CJ

• Members

That's cool... I've wanted to see more of this animated comic book sort of thing for a while. He's got great visual concepts and mood. One tiny constructive crit/suggestion might be to use more 'camera movement' (panning, zooming in/out) along with the fades he's already got some of to give more motion/momentum to his animation.

But I think it's super. :thu:

• Members

Any word on his votes?

Thanks for the interest!

He's doing pretty good. If you look at the statistics for this first week he is on the first page in the Top Rated, Most Viewed, Top Favorites, and Most Discussed for the week. He has about 820 views and 29 comments.

I have gone back to it a few times, and I keep seeing new things. The voting is open until April 28th. At that time they pick 10 to give a thousand dollars for them to produce 1 minute of full animation. There are a couple lf rounds after that before Radiohead decide the winner.

Here's hoping for the best! :thu:

updated stats: Morning of 4/14: about 1,000 views, about 39 comments.

Archived