Anyone use Gmail?

LiveMusic

• Members

Every email, it asks if I want to send it...

-text and html

-text only (recommended)

-html only

It's always on the middle one as default. But if I send it as text only (sending to a yahoo account to test it), the web page links aren't formatted. So, I always click on the first one. I don't know exactly what that means, as when I send one to myself to test it, it just looks like a properly formatted email.

But the problem is... I don't want to have to do this every time. So, I find in Options that I can make it Send each time as text and html... but I don't want to burden the recipient in any way. Any worries here?

I would think that Text and Html means it will send the body of the email as both. (In the same body.) But it doesn't appear that way when I test one sent to myself at yahoo.

• Members

Sending as text & html does send both in the same message, but as a multi-part message. Most mail programs know about this format and display whichever the user has chosen. Even if the program doesn't know about it, it would probably just display the text version and ignore the html.

In gmail you can click "show original" in the message menu (click the down arrow next to the reply button in the upper right) to see what is actually sent. You'll see the plain text followed by the html.

• Members

I use it for my spam diversion.
:idea:

Same here. I have a yahoo address and a gmail addy and rarely give out my isp email address.

Live: I'm not having the same problems. No questions for me when I send. I don't know how to fix your problem though so what good am I anyway?

• Members

Every email, it asks if I want to send it...

-text and html

-text only (recommended)

-html only

It's always on the middle one as default. But if I send it as text only (sending to a yahoo account to test it), the web page links aren't formatted. So, I always click on the first one. I don't know exactly what that means, as when I send one to myself to test it, it just looks like a properly formatted email.

But the problem is... I don't want to have to do this every time. So, I find in Options that I can make it Send each time as text and html... but I don't want to burden the recipient in any way. Any worries here?

I would think that Text and Html means it will send the body of the email as both. (In the same body.) But it doesn't appear that way when I test one sent to myself at yahoo.

it just blends them, bro. hybrid of text and html. no worries :)

cheers happy g-mailing

Archived