OT: Attention Space Cadets --- Perseid Meteor Shower Time

Lucky #9

• Members

:whisper: It's Perseid time again.

According to my crack research, the Perseids begin slowly as early as July 23 and the finale is about August 22, but...

The peak is around August 12/13 (Just a few days after my my 60th birthday on the 9th, I might add. It's like having an annual birthday cake lighting up in the sky. Very tough to blow out the candles, however.)

At it's peak from 50-80 meteors can be seen per hour :lem::lem::lem:, under the best conditions.

It's an annual ritual for me. Usually, I lawn chair it on the beach here in New Jersey late night for the show. I'm continually surprised by the lack of people who frequent the beach at night, in any event. It's the most peaceful and stress-relieving time of the day/night to dig the beach. When I walk around the area at night, I see that most people are sitting inside watching TV :facepalm: on their vacations. It's absurd. Almost nobody sitting on their beautiful porches right up at the beach facing the ocean. I'll never understand it :idk:. If I owned one of those cribs, I'd be out there all day and night , not holed up inside watching slop on TV.

Enjoy the light show.

Archived