Damn cool piano playing!

• Members

Are you 100% sure this isn't an illusion? To my ears it sounds like the music was carefully sequenced by digital sample and digital FX.... then they came in later and filmed themselves acting out an interesting--- but illusory--- version of how this was created.

I know, I know-- people like me should be marched out into the back-yard and shot. ;)

• Members

Are you 100% sure this isn't an illusion? To my ears it sounds like the music was carefully sequenced by digital sample and digital FX.... then they came in later and filmed themselves acting out an interesting--- but illusory--- version of how this was created.

I know, I know-- people like me should be marched out into the back-yard and shot.
;)

I don't think you're too far off. I do think this was multitracked in the studio, then "mimed" for the music video. This is a music video, after all.

Also, these Piano Guys seem to be well-funded, it's not like they're a bunch of starving college kids who recorded themselves with a cellphone cam and suddenly got famous on YouTube. One of their videos is a re-work of Coldplay's "Paradise" done with African lyrics and percussion -- which is actually very, very nice...But in the beginning of the video they show a grand piano get airlifted onto this mountain...I mean, who would have the budget for THAT?!? The piano-on-a-distant-mountain thing is neat, but kinda arrogant on another level.

• Members

Some of my students showed me these guys. The Cello Wars parody of star wars is a big hit with the tweeners. The production seems to be really high quality and musicality is great. They can really play. I wondered how they can afford to do it too.

Archived