X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with this dim chord

key of A, here is the verse progression...

A - A7

D - F#dim

A - F#m

B - E

The chord is xx1212, would you call that F#dim? Need to give bass player a lead sheet.

<div class="signaturecontainer">:::<br />
    <br />
    Bill</div>

Cool that you have a bassist who can "walk" along a true Diminished chordscale. (-;

dimsc21.gif

Your key is in sharps, so probably F#dim is the correct notation... but it depends overall on where your chord progression is "going".

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer"> <br />
    <font color="blue"><b><font color="olive"><font color="sienna"><font color="purple">Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. </font> </font></font><font color="olive">Wayne Thiebaud</font></b></font><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b><font color="#808000"><font color="blue"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/rasputin1963/info" target="_blank">Friend me on FACEBOOK!</a> </font></font></b><br />
    <font color="#808000"> <br />
    <br />
    </font></div>

Comment

Possibilities
      F#dim7
      D7b9
      G#7b9

Comment

• blue2blue
        blue2blue commented
        Editing a comment

Of course, it won't help you chose among correct names, but I find that Eddie Boston's Chorderator suite (free version online) is very helpful... in this case, you could use his Chord Designer for coming up with a list of potentially correct names. 

This is what it gives for the xx1212 chord above...

D#dim7Adim7/D#Cdim7/D#F#dim7/D#

I'm no harmony maven, so my contribution here is limited to the link.  wink.gif

Attached Files
    Working...
    X