Recommendations for books on arranging?

davie

• Moderators

Hey guys,

Wasn't really sure on where to post this question. I already have the Mixing engineer's handbook, which outlines some basics in terms of doing arrangements. But do you guys know of any good books that focus on arrangements? Maybe something that talks about the key principles and song arrangement breakdown of popular songs. Preferably in the pop, rock and r&b genres. And as recent as possible.

• Members
Hey guys,

Wasn't really sure on where to post this question. I already have the Mixing engineer's handbook, which outlines some basics in terms of doing arrangements. But do you guys know of any good books that focus on arrangements? Maybe something that talks about the key principles and song arrangement breakdown of popular songs. Preferably in the pop, rock and r&b genres. And as recent as possible.

Hey there again Davie, I don't have a book but there's a site with articles about arranging, I used to frequent but I can't remember it right now. I'm gonna try 2 look it up for ya right now. I'm at work so it may take a moment. But, i'll get it 4 ya.

• Moderators

I'm on phone so that link may be toast. Go Amazon and search Bobby Owsinski. Deconstructed Hits. He's very good... I've got his engineering books and he knows what's up. This series discusses specific hit songs and the arrangements from a record point of view. Cool

Archived