Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

New forum ware tips...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum ware tips...

[TIPS ONLY. Bugs and suggestions are best addressed in the Feedback forum for the whole site.]

First, if you feel like the text is too faint, even if the size is OK with you, try changing the default text size in your user prefs...

My Settings / Preferences / Display...

You'll see Text Size (currently third settings cluster down). The default is Medium. Try Large.

If you don't like the blue sidebars (and many don't), consider using ctrl-scroll wheel to zoom the page until the main page bleeds the edges. (In Firefox, you may want to turn off Zoom Text Only). I thought it was a bit silly when I first saw it suggested -- and it really makes things big on my wide screen, but it actually is much nicer than the sidebars, which are fatiguing -- as I recognize in their absence.

Horizontal Scrolling -- a feature not a bug. =/  A fix-it ticket has been issued and the guilty are burning midnight oil. In the meantime, consider going to HTML view. As long as you use straight text, it's somewhat readable -- and it wraps properly. Also the Quick Reply (which only uses plain text) works.

Posting a Reply leaves you in the thread location where you clicked the Reply button -- not at the end of the thread where you expect it. It has been reported although there seems to be some discussion as to what the actual behavior is. I assume it will be sorted when folks have a better chance to test.

Also -- since there appears to be no way to get an email notification of a personal message -- anyone who needs to get hold of me in a timely fashion (in my moderator function) might want to consider using the contact form on my business site: http://www.tkmajor.com/cm/contact/

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

blue2blue wrote:

First, if you feel like the text is too faint, even if the size is OK with you, try changing the default text size in your user prefs...

My Settings / Preferences / Display...

You'll see Text Size (currently third settings cluster down). The default is Medium. Try Large.

If you don't like the blue sidebars (and many don't), consider using ctrl-scroll wheel to zoom the page until the main page bleeds the edges. (In Firefox, you may want to turn off Zoom Text Only).

Horizontal Scrolling -- a feature not a bug. =/  A fix-it ticket has been issued and the guilty are burning midnight oil. In the meantime, consider going to HTML view. As long as you use straight text, it's perfectly readable -- and it wraps properly. Also the Quick Reply (which only uses plain text) works.

Posting a Reply leaves you in the thread location where you clicked the Reply button -- not at the end of the thread where you expect it. It has been reported although there seems to be some discussion as to what the actual behavior is. I assume it will be sorted when folks have a better chance to test.

Thanks blue, I'm now trying the large size. Too bad the print isn't darker. Hey, I just figured it out, change the color. Spread the word, that should take care of the color print issue

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Comment

• blue2blue
      blue2blue commented
      Editing a comment

LOL.

To be sure, I was using black or dark gray on my posts for a while. (But the black [like the gray only more obious] looks smudgy with my built in fonts). The large font for me is sharper. (And when I combine that with the zoom, the resulting font is very sleek. And big enough to make a first grader feel right at home, Jane said.)

Here's a Chrome plugin that will automatically restyle the new HC to make it arguably easier on the eyes and easier to use...

Let It Burn... wrote:

I messed around a bit with Stylebot and got this:

Schermafbeelding 2013-01-18 om 19.39.27.png

Schermafbeelding 2013-01-18 om 19.47.38.png

Looks a lot more useable IMO.

How to do it:

1. Download Google Chrome on www.google.com/chrome

2. Install the Stylebot Plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha

3. Go to this page and select "Install style in Stylebot" from the upper right corner http://stylebot.me/styles/2054

I need to keep my browser stock for testing purposes, or I'd probably install this.

Of course, it doesn't fix the problem with way-too-shortened thread titles. THAT is perhaps the single most perplexing 'issue' with HC3.0 from my point of view. 

I mean, even for the customer service purpose Lithium was clearly built for, you STILL need to be able to have enough thread in a title in order to see what the heck the post is about.

Attached Files

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

Comment

• Mark Blackburn
      Mark Blackburn commented
      Editing a comment

I can't figure out (I'm not that bright) how to "edit" -- once I've posted something. I'm sure it's "easy when you know how," right? 

Working...
X