Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Free Practicing?

In short: Im looking for a way to warm up my ankles/legs before shows that requires nothing but me and the ground. Songs begin at 140-160bpm, which is still hard to jump into on the kicks for me. (16ths) Read on for explanation.

So many nights I have practice, recording, or a show almost immediately after work. Not much time to get limber or warm up from my relatively sedentary office job. Its easy enough to get my hands and arms going with some tapping here and there, but what about my legs?

Throughout the day Ill tap my feet to music when Ive got it playing, but it doesn
    -Merlin Coryell-
    www.facebook.com/merlincoryelldrums
    City - Metal from Portland, OR
    www.facebook.com/ndcity
    Mapex Drums; Zildjian & Sabian cymbals
    Axis &; Gibraltar Hardware, Evans & Remo Heads
    Alesis DM10; ProMark sticks
    ESP Guitars, Line6 Stuffs &; Junk

In Requiem - Marko46

Short pieces of that Neoprene pipe insulation stuff may work. Got any construction projects going on in your area? You can probably find a piece big enough in the trash bin.

Good playing can hide a crappy drumset, but even the best drumset can't hide crappy playing.

Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it.- Salvador Dali

Some of the best players that I know really can't play the drums well, but they play music superlatively well. - Jim Chapin

Comment

...yeah...
      -Merlin Coryell-
      www.facebook.com/ndcity

In Requiem - Marko46

Comment

You're on that Axis type technique. Pedals are designed to work more like a catapult than a boingy button.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear
          View Post

You're on that Axis type technique. Pedals are designed to work more like a catapult than a boingy button.

You make as much sense as the last guy.

Nonely.
          -Merlin Coryell-
          www.facebook.com/ndcity

In Requiem - Marko46

Comment

Wayo, foos it ak wyke a catapow THEN it ak mower wyke a weeyo. So yoewer schtompy fusbuton pedowing prolly starts late and has to cram to catch up. ESSSpeshowee on stweems of woels and metow schtuf.

But since you're on bonehead, try an ace bandage. Make it weeeeyow tite and do onwy 4 a widdow wyo or your fwoots cAN hurt.

Comment

God, I wish you would have computer failure. You become less and less useful here each day.

Please keep your drivel off those of us asking actual questions you old troll.
              -Merlin Coryell-
              www.facebook.com/ndcity

In Requiem - Marko46

Comment

My my touchy touchy. Guy who plays in my area - pretty slammin rocker too says Portland has the best drummers so you got a lot to live up to. Srsly wanna be a C hack? Keep goin.

You should try the Ace bandage though.

Comment

I think Portland just has a serious drought in drummers, hence people are easily impressed. The skill levels here arent any higher than anywhere else in the world; the only thing that Portland has a higher ratio in is beards.

That said some of the best drummers in the world ARE here, I mean, they have Grem and me for starters.

I still dont get what wearing the ace bandage will do for pedal free motion practice. Ellaboration?
                  -Merlin Coryell-
                  www.facebook.com/ndcity

In Requiem - Marko46

Comment

It doesn't have or understand human anatomy, so the ace bandage makes sense conceptually to bots.

Comment

Like this. Wrap foot and ankle so bandage resists pointing toes downward.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin Coryell
                        View Post

In short: Im looking for a way to warm up my ankles/legs before shows that requires nothing but me and the ground. Songs begin at 140-160bpm, which is still hard to jump into on the kicks for me. (16ths) Read on for explanation.

So many nights I have practice, recording, or a show almost immediately after work. Not much time to get limber or warm up from my relatively sedentary office job. Its easy enough to get my hands and arms going with some tapping here and there, but what about my legs?

Throughout the day Ill tap my feet to music when Ive got it playing, but it doesn

"My approach to odd times is no different from anyone else who can play it. I just sub-divide it in to groups of two and three based on what I heard other people do in the past"....... someone from the crowd yells: Do it !!! .........."Ok, I'll do it!"

Yeah, I let, I let them go out front and pranch around a bit, while I provide the forward thrust .... " - Stewart Copeland

Comment

when my son was an infant, i rocked him incessantly. probably about 3-4 hours daily. i always put the weight on my right foot and pushed off, heel-up style. it was AMAZING what that did for my foot stroke. i was playing "double" singles i used to play with two feet with one foot.
                          i miss you, mark
                          r.i.p. rudy

Comment

Working...
                          X