Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I passed up Starclassics for Stage Customs.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Cratz
    View Post

Wow, didn't expect so many responses. Great stuff.

I'm definitely going to be pleased with the Stage Customs. I'm thinking of replacing the snare (looking at the black panther sledgehammer, brass 7x14), but I'd probably do that with most kits. The store ended up not being able to get it in before Saturday, so I'm going to have to wait until Monday. If I don't get it before christmas, I'll be pissed. Completely missing the "latest possible date" they told me they'd have it in by would be the final nail in the coffin of their ****************ty service. 5 star drum shop, my ass.

Argh, waiting for a new kit is the worst.

EDIT: I'm aware that they probably don't have much control over the shipping speed, but I know most of these guys have been in the business for a while, and I prefer honesty to disappointment.. I nearly bought a Mapex kit that they told me was "100% birch" before examining the catalogue and noticing that the kit was a birch and basswood blend. When I pointed it out, the guy doing the order just gave me a blank stare and acted like that was what he said. Glad I ended up going with the Yamahas.

Will post pics soon.

Hopefully you get the kit on time. Check out GCs used section for a used snare. You'd be surprised at some of the snares you will find usually for half price.
    9 pc Birch Yamaha Stage Customs Raven Black
    6.5x14 Pearl Masters Snare
    7x14 20 ply Ludwig Epic Birch Snare
    (8" 10" 12" 13" mounted 14" 16" 18" FT 22" BD 14" Snare)
    Evans Clear Hydraulic Heads on all Toms
    21" Raw Bell Dry Ride
    20" HHX Chinese
    18" AAXplosion Fast Crash X2
    18" HHX Chinese
    18" HH Chinese
    15" AAXplosion Crash
    16" AAXplosion Fast Crash
    10" AAX Splash
    Zildjian 18" A Custom China

Comment

View Post

I'm definitely going to be pleased with the Stage Customs. I'm thinking of replacing the snare (looking at the black panther sledgehammer, brass 7x14), but I'd probably do that with most kits. The store ended up not being able to get it in before Saturday, so I'm going to have to wait until Monday. If I don't get it before christmas, I'll be pissed. Completely missing the "latest possible date" they told me they'd have it in by would be the final nail in the coffin of their ****************ty service. 5 star drum shop, my ass.

Argh, waiting for a new kit is the worst.

EDIT: I'm aware that they probably don't have much control over the shipping speed, but I know most of these guys have been in the business for a while, and I prefer honesty to disappointment.. I nearly bought a Mapex kit that they told me was "100% birch" before examining the catalogue and noticing that the kit was a birch and basswood blend. When I pointed it out, the guy doing the order just gave me a blank stare and acted like that was what he said. Glad I ended up going with the Yamahas.

Will post pics soon.

Hopefully you get the kit on time. Check out GCs used section for a used snare. You'd be surprised at some of the snares you will find usually for half price.
      9 pc Birch Yamaha Stage Customs Raven Black
      6.5x14 Pearl Masters Snare
      7x14 20 ply Ludwig Epic Birch Snare
      (8" 10" 12" 13" mounted 14" 16" 18" FT 22" BD 14" Snare)
      Evans Clear Hydraulic Heads on all Toms
      21" Raw Bell Dry Ride
      20" HHX Chinese
      18" AAXplosion Fast Crash X2
      18" HHX Chinese
      18" HH Chinese
      15" AAXplosion Crash
      16" AAXplosion Fast Crash
      10" AAX Splash
      Zildjian 18" A Custom China

Comment

View Post

Yamaha makes a 7"x14" brass snare that kills - it goes for about $345 new.
        Support your fellow HC members!
        PTD-1
        For Cables & Racks, Roadcases and Case Hardware : Audiopile.net
        For Vocal help: Vocal Forum Moderator Al Koehn's The Secrets of Successful Singing,

Originally Posted by agedhorse

You can't bridge these amps (yay).

Comment

View Post

Yamaha makes a 7"x14" brass snare that kills - it goes for about $345 new.
          Support your fellow HC members!
          PTD-1
          For Cables & Racks, Roadcases and Case Hardware : Audiopile.net
          For Vocal help: Vocal Forum Moderator Al Koehn's The Secrets of Successful Singing,

Originally Posted by agedhorse

You can't bridge these amps (yay).

Comment

They gave me the goddamn runaround AGAIN today. I was told a "christmas shipment" was coming in and they'd call me when the kit was ready, decided to call them myself after wasting three hours waiting for the call only to be told by someone else that there was never a shipment coming in.

Comment

They gave me the goddamn runaround AGAIN today. I was told a "christmas shipment" was coming in and they'd call me when the kit was ready, decided to call them myself after wasting three hours waiting for the call only to be told by someone else that there was never a shipment coming in.

Comment

Ask for your money back, go somewhere else.
                For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

Ask for your money back, go somewhere else.

Comment

Too bad about the service. Nice kit though, you'll never have to buy another (although you may want to.)
                    I'm blatman.
                    www.manoeuvergear.blogspot.com
                    Check out my gear for sale.

Comment

Too bad about the service. Nice kit though, you'll never have to buy another (although you may want to.)
                      I'm blatman.
                      www.manoeuvergear.blogspot.com
                      Check out my gear for sale.

Comment

...Still isn't here.

I told the guy to be real with me, and pretty much all I got was "I'm thinking wednesday." A week and a half after his original latest predicted date. I've been holding on because I don't want to repeat the waiting process somewhere else, but if it isn't here on friday, I'm demanding a refund.

Comment

...Still isn't here.

I told the guy to be real with me, and pretty much all I got was "I'm thinking wednesday." A week and a half after his original latest predicted date. I've been holding on because I don't want to repeat the waiting process somewhere else, but if it isn't here on friday, I'm demanding a refund.

Comment

Is this an indie shop or chain?

If its a chain, the guy COULD track down the shipment details and get you a solid enough estimate for delivery.

If its an indie...maybe he could, maybe not.

Sounds like whatever the case, you're getting played, and nobody really knows one way or the other; they're just spewing out dates and crossing fingers.

Comment

Is this an indie shop or chain?

If its a chain, the guy COULD track down the shipment details and get you a solid enough estimate for delivery.

If its an indie...maybe he could, maybe not.

Sounds like whatever the case, you're getting played, and nobody really knows one way or the other; they're just spewing out dates and crossing fingers.

Comment

Actually, while this sucks, it doesnt sound terribly out of the ordinary. Consider the time of year. I would hate to see you have to start all over again.

Give it till Wednesday and then reassess, if you want. Thats my take.
                                Wha?
                                PERCUSUS! THE GOD OF RHYTHM!

Comment

Working...
                                X