Bass amp with 110v/220v voltage switch

hermok

• Members

I buy my gear from the us because its way cheaper. I live in Norway. I need a bass amp , preferably Ampeg. What models have the voltage switch???

Transformer costs alot and Id dont like the hassel of rewiring them.

• CMS Author

None have universal power supply or mains voltage switching. The SVT-CL and V-4BH have power transformers that can be rewired for 250v mains. It's a very simple job of switching a pair of wires but they will recommend you have a qualified tech perform the work (US lawsuit bull{censored}:rolleyes:).

Contact St. Louis Music, in St. Louis, Missouri at 314-727-4512 for scematics and information....they can let you know whether other models can be switched as well. The time zone difference is GMT -6 hours and I think they are open after 10:00am.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

None have universal power supply or mains voltage switching....

Just to clarify, no Ampeg has. Many other brands do.

Actually, even this isn'tcompletely true.

Pro series need a bit of rewiring but no replacement.

The SVP-Pro preamp has a 110/220 switch.

• Members

The Eden WT series amps are configurable to any voltage, it's just a matter of opening them up and switching a few wires around (there's a diagram in there). I did this recently to my Metro, it's a piece of cake. Saved a buttload of money buying from the 'States too.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by hermok

You bought a Metro from the states???

What shipping company did you use? How much was it?

I bought the Metro & a D210XST together. UPS shipping on both was $US499, customs charges were $AU533. In the end I paid for both what I would have paid for the Metro alone if I bought it from here. Free D210XST... sweeet!

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Ba55Man1ac

I bought the Metro & a D210XST together. UPS shipping on both was $US499, customs charges were $AU533. In the end I paid for both what I would have paid for the Metro alone if I bought it from here. Free D210XST... sweeet!

:cool:

You Aussies really bet bum-raped when it comes to gear prices don't you? :(

I'm suprised you don't have more indigenous manufacturers there. Fuck I would do that if I lived in Oz, study electircal engineering, go into business building amps...

• Members

Originally posted by FreestyleIntruder

You Aussies really bet bum-raped when it comes to gear prices don't you?
:(

I'm suprised you don't have more indigenous manufacturers there. Fuck I would do that if I lived in Oz, study electircal engineering, go into business building amps...

He he yeah that's one way of putting it!

That's a good idea about building amps locally and someone will do it sooner or later. There have been a few efforts over the last few years, but most of the gear sucked pretty bad. I'm sure it must be a really tough market to crack - the shops here are filled with Fender, Ampeg, Boogie, etc, and it's hard to get people to take a chance on something they have never heard of.

Also with a population of only 19 million (and such a niche market too) it makes it hard to manufacture anything like that economically.

Hmmm.... maybe i'll look into it!

Archived