Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who really was the fastest gun in the west?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who really was the fastest gun in the west?

I think it was Bat Masterson because he chased Doc Holliday out of Dodge and Doc killed Johnny Ringo.
    Dennis Hopper's retirement plan, except Dennis is dead
    Retired and likin' it a lot!
    Regards. Rimmer

There's a lot of dime-store-novel myth behind most of those guys - The History Channel had a great show debunking a lot of the claims.
    Removed your Fender Precision S-1 switch? I want it. PM me.

Hundred Years War.
    The Secret Club.
    Jackie Carol.

Comment

I present to you the Ragin' Cajun.

Jerry Miculek and his revolver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSaNiQ-Wb4

Here's a reference from Da King's fave online rag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Miculek

Video also links from there.
      There are two kinds of people in the world. Those with a zombie plan and those who are dinner.

Comment

I think Bat was the real deal, though. Indian fighter, gunfighter, sheriff of Dodge City. The residents there gave him the nickname Bat because you didn't see him pull his gun until it was too late.
        Dennis Hopper's retirement plan, except Dennis is dead
        Retired and likin' it a lot!
        Regards. Rimmer

Comment

Dallas Stoudenmire was the baddest ass IMHO
          It's not lying if what you say would be true if the facts were different.

Earl of the Experimental Theatre Futon

Comment

I think Bat was the real deal, though. Indian fighter, gunfighter, sheriff of Dodge City. The residents there gave him the nickname Bat because you didn't see him pull his gun until it was too late.

Where in the name of sweet merciful crap did you come up with that? The bat is not particularly known for its quick-draw abilities. It is generally accepted that he was named Bat for his propensity to use his cane (which he required due to a pelvic gunshot wound early in his law career) as a baton. Unfortunately, no one would really fear "Baton" Masterson or "Old Caney" Masterson. He rarely actually used his gun.

In all reality, gunfights in the old west were pretty rare. In addition, speed wasn't the big factor, especially given the notorious inaccuracy of revolvers of the day. A fighter's ability to actually HIT someone was the big factor.

http://www.blackwatchmi.com - Black Watch Musical Instrument Repair, Plano, TX
            www.myspace.com/thegobos
            www.myspace.com/southboundlane

Comment

​"The United States is in no sense founded upon Christian Doctrine." Article 11, Treaty of Tripoli, signed into law by President John Adams, June 10, 1797
              "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God." Thomas Jefferson
              "The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

well ive got two guns one for the both of them
                my not so original photo project.

for sale the bass company ap400mj
                STE#U NOOCb

Comment

Where in the name of sweet merciful crap did you come up with that? The bat is not particularly known for its quick-draw abilities. It is generally accepted that he was named Bat for his propensity to use his cane (which he required due to a pelvic gunshot wound early in his law career) as a baton. Unfortunately, no one would really fear "Baton" Masterson or "Old Caney" Masterson. He rarely actually used his gun.

In all reality, gunfights in the old west were pretty rare. In addition, speed wasn't the big factor, especially given the notorious inaccuracy of revolvers of the day. A fighter's ability to actually HIT someone was the big factor.

As Wyatt Earp is famously said to have said: "Speed is fine; accuracy is final."
                  ​"The United States is in no sense founded upon Christian Doctrine." Article 11, Treaty of Tripoli, signed into law by President John Adams, June 10, 1797
                  "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God." Thomas Jefferson
                  "The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It is a sad state of affairs that this movie could not be made in this day and age.

http://www.blackwatchmi.com - Black Watch Musical Instrument Repair, Plano, TX
                    www.myspace.com/thegobos
                    www.myspace.com/southboundlane

Comment

It is a sad state of affairs that this movie could not be made in this day and age.

Oh, come on now, the movie could be made. It's just that everyone involved would then be harassed, publically ridiculed, and then fired!

Comment

The fastest draw in the Hollywood westerns was........Drumroll!!!!!!!!!

[COLOR="Red"]Sammy Davis Jr.
                        1997 Warrior Model III 5 String
                        1977 Fender Jazz Bass
                        2006 Fender "Geddy Lee" Jazz Bass
                        2010 Ernie Ball Music Man 5 HH
                        (Guitar Center 45th Anniversery Edition)
                        Furman M-8D Power Conditioner
                        1991 Ampeg SVT-II (non-pro)
                        Ampeg 810E Cabinet
                        Ampeg SVT-4 Pro
                        SWR 412 Stack Cabinet
                        Shure PGX14 Wireless
                        Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner Pedal
                        Boss GT-6B Multi Effect Pedalboard

Tennessee Bass Club Member #1 | Member of the HCBF Geddy Lee Owners Club

Comment

I think it was Bat Masterson because he chased Doc Holliday out of Dodge and Doc killed Johnny Ringo.

most historians believe Ringo killed himself. There is also no evidence that he was ever engaged in a "stand up" gunfight.

I do agree, based on many readings though, that Bat was one of the "baddest".
                          "You're kidding right? We come here to formulate opinions based upon other people's experiences, and then espouse them as fact. Since we can't get away with that in the real world." -C7

Comment

well ive got two guns one for the both of them

'Montana' FTW!
                            Ibanez SR-305
                            Ibanez SRX400
                            Gibson Mid-70's EB-3
                            SX P/J

Ashdown Mag300
                            SWR 1X15

Comment

oooops to answer the question: without par....Wild Bill....though he pre-dated Wyatt, Bat and Doc.
                              "You're kidding right? We come here to formulate opinions based upon other people's experiences, and then espouse them as fact. Since we can't get away with that in the real world." -C7

Comment

Working...
                              X