No announcement yet.

Kramer and Charvel Basses

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer and Charvel Basses

I've been looking at theses for awhile now and just lost an auction on ebay for a Kramer 7000.

Were the 80's Kramer and Charvel basses any good? Are there any other basses under the 400$ price range from the 80's worth looking at?

Thanks!
    Good dealings with:
    dcindc, BrendanO, JoshuaTSP, Overwhelmed987, GodBlessTexas, denracho

Look for Ibanez Roadstar or Musician basses, especially the top-level models like the 800 series. Really nice Japanse craftsmanship. Great basses.
    Modulus Mob Member #5

"The right to oppose, mock, deride and even insult people's beliefs is essential to a society where bad ideas are superseded by better ones. There is no right to have one's emotional sensibilities protected, for it is no business of government to legislate for people's feelings." - The Times

Comment

I've been looking at theses for awhile now and just lost an auction on ebay for a Kramer 7000.

Were the 80's Kramer and Charvel basses any good? Are there any other basses under the 400$ price range from the 80's worth looking at?

Thanks!

Peavey T-40's are very highly regarded around here, and they can regularly be found in various conditions on eBay for less than $300.

As far as Kramers and Charvels go, I have yet to see one that has held up well over the years, where as I have played a handful of very nice T-40's.

You might also look into Japanese Fenders, as those will float around the $400 price range, depending on condition and setup.

Why the affinity for 80's basses? Starting a cover/tribute band?
      President: HCBF Warwick Owners Club
      Member: Genz Benz GBE 600 Owners Club
      Warwick Corvette FNA 5
      Fender MIM P-Bass
      Genz Benz GBE 600 & Neo-X 212

...it's best to riot with a clear head. - C7
      ...a Mac will serve you better. - HackedByChinese!

Hearafter puts his cock in your eye... - Willsellout
      So people really see where he's coming from? - oldivor
      Surprise printer butt secks.......GAAAAWWWWDDDDD I love this forum!!!!! - Bluescout
      FREE RENNY!!!

Comment

Kramer Pioneer basses are very sweet. Very nice necks -- their best feature! They still bring a good price $300+ from what I've seen. (I watch for them).

I have seen Kramer Berettas on eBay; I understand they're not as nice but have never touched one.
        Ibanez SB900LE

Comment

Peavey T-40's are very highly regarded around here, and they can regularly be found in various conditions on eBay for less than $300.

As far as Kramers and Charvels go, I have yet to see one that has held up well over the years, where as I have played a handful of very nice T-40's.

You might also look into Japanese Fenders, as those will float around the $400 price range, depending on condition and setup.

Why the affinity for 80's basses? Starting a cover/tribute band?

Cool! Thanks

The reason for the 80's is because I believe that the new Kramer's and Charvel's are very cheap. From what I had heard, the ones to find were the made in Japan versions from the 80's.

I'll check out those peavey's!
          Good dealings with:

Comment

I have always wanted a 1980's Kramer w/aluminum neck, "V" headstock. I have never been interested in any of their other basses. Weird, I know.
            I'm keeping in mind that that another term for scoring a lug song to sheet music is "staff infection".............
            the artist formerly known as DRF

Comment

The bass I learned on was a Charvel Model 1 from the late 80's/early 90's...basically, a P with a pointy headstock. Great simplicity & quality. It was my friend's bass. Eventually, he wanted it back.

Comment

Kramer Pioneer basses are very sweet. Very nice necks -- their best feature! They still bring a good price $300+ from what I've seen. (I watch for them).

I have seen Kramer Berettas on eBay; I understand they're not as nice but have never touched one.

I was thinking about buying this one from Chris' Guitars but I don't like that horrible stain/colouration in the wood around the control cavity. Its the only thing that put me off.

Comment

I have a 1988 Charvel 3B bass, neck through w/ upgraded EMGs and in firecrackle finish.
                  Brings the thunder.
                  #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

I was thinking about buying this one from Chris' Guitars but I don't like that horrible stain/colouration in the wood around the control cavity. Its the only thing that put me off.

Agreed. What the heck is that black swirl ****************?
                    Ibanez SB900LE

Comment

I have always wanted a 1980's Kramer w/aluminum neck, "V" headstock. I have never been interested in any of their other basses. Weird, I know.

I have one of these X-Ray basses (in sky blue color; a.k.a. Carolina blue):

Made by Vaccaro based on the old Kramer neck/headstock design; neck has been improved, though.
                      Ibanez SB900LE

Comment

I never played a Charvel, but I love the way these look -

There's a Seeker born every minute! -Dr. "Happy" Harry Cox

member HCBF Tube Bass Amp Club

"i have that kind of voice..... a man who received a kick on his balls"-Cencio

"Moreover, the sound of an air rich feeling is a feature because it excels in sound place vast reproduction."
                        -

I beg to differ
                        My myspace
                        Bucket on myspace
                        Tickled Pink on myspace
                        psychodots.net

Comment

I never played a Charvel, but I love the way these look -

yeah the surfcaster is killer , I like the MIJ Kramer Focus series , really fine instruments made by ESP , I have a geetar and it is really sweet .

"Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
                          Nikola Tesla

Comment

yeah the surfcaster is killer , I like the MIJ Kramer Focus series , really fine instruments made by ESP , I have a geetar and it is really sweet .

I'm receiving a Kramer Focus 6000 this week. Can't wait.

I lost the auction for a baby blue Kramer Focus 7000 bass
                            Good dealings with:

Comment

I'm receiving a Kramer Focus 6000 this week. Can't wait.

I lost the auction for a baby blue Kramer Focus 7000 bass

Cool , pics when you get it
                              "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
                              Nikola Tesla

Comment

Working...
                              X