No announcement yet.

Ampeg Scrambler Bass Overdrive...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg Scrambler Bass Overdrive...

As I promised in a previous thread about the Ampeg Classic Preamp, my review of the Ampeg Scrambler Bass Overdrive is now up. You can check it out right here.

As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

PS Now that you've had a chance to hear what I think about them, I've sent the pedals off to Isaac42 so he can try them out. Stay tuned - he'll be starting a separate thread with his own reviews of them right here in the HC Bass forum in the not too distant future...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I actually had an original Scrambler. Lost it due to a sad story. I thought it was great but I was only 15 or 16 at the time. It definitely didn't sound like anything else in the world at the time.
    Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
    Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
    You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
    You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull

Comment

Originally posted by lug View Post
      I actually had an original Scrambler. Lost it due to a sad story. I thought it was great but I was only 15 or 16 at the time. It definitely didn't sound like anything else in the world at the time.
      It still does IMO. There's nothing quite like the sound of the original Scrambler. They're worth a small fortune today...

How'd you lose it Lug?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

It still does IMO. There's nothing quite like the sound of the original Scrambler. They're worth a small fortune today...

How'd you lose it Lug?
        ​Had it at a friend's house. He committed suicide and the family moved away. They probably just threw it out.
        Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
        Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
        You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
        You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull

Comment

Wow... sad indeed! Sorry for bringing up bad memories, and I'm really sorry you lost your friend.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
          X