Pickup recommendations?

terrafirma

• Members

I have an ec 1000 (les paul copy), and the 59 SD in the neck crapped out last month. I have a JB in the bridge and a {censored}ty ceramic in the neck to temporarily take the 59's place (no clue what it is). I've found the guitar really muddy, especially the neck, and I was wondering what my options were to brighten up the sound. I thought about putting SD Phat cat pickups in there. What other options exist out there to brighten up my guitar? I'm after a clearer sound that's phaaaat and not muddy. :cool:

• Members
Won't Seymour Duncan fix that for shipping cost only?

Just a story I heard once.

:thu:Yes they will.

They sent me a brand new jbjr after mine went Tits up. I told them I bought it used off of ebay, and the SD guy basically told me it could'nt be fixed so he'd send me a new one.:eek: Told me that in return I spread the Seymour Duncan love....So consider it spread.

• Members

Yeah, part of that price is the lifetime warranty.

Without knowing what's in it, possibly any decent pickup could be brighter. SD Alnico II Pro, Dimarzio PAF Pro are two that spring to mind. The Jazz is THE pickup to match the JB but I'd go with something less hot. I think if a snappy tone when I think of funk so I might try a HB-sized P90 as well if you want something completely different.

Archived