Building a Dean VMNT - need some measurements....

mrguitartech

• Members

Hey guys,

Im looking for some help from anyone who has a Dean VMNT dave mustaine signature guitar. Im planning on building one of these and need a few measurements before I order the wood for the build, as a reward I will document my build on this forum

Right measurements:

- Depth of the guitar (front to back)

- Length of the neck (from nut to end of fretboard)

- Length of headstock (nut to tip of headstock)

- Width of headstock at widest part

- Depth of the beveled edge between the horns (depth from front to back of guitar of the beveled edge - bit of a tricky one - but I'm trying to figure out how thick the maple top is on the guitar)

If any one with this guitar could help me out I would be very grateful!!! :phil:

• Members

I've signed up to the Dean forums - just waiting for my account to be validated before I can post anything. Will sign up to the megadeth forums - cheers!

The reason I dont want to buy the guitar is that it is a limited run of 150 guitars so they cost $4000 each, which I cant see myself being able to afford in the near future. Also I have been thinking about building a guitar for quite a while now and the Dean V looks like a relatively simple design, the option option was a Gibson Explorer style body, but I saw megadeth live the other day so that might have something to do with the Dean choice! haha!

This is the one Im planning on building, limited run of 150 USA made signed by Dave mustaine:

Picture_3101.jpg

Archived